Chapter 23

" Jordan, can you help with the amps?" Ryland asked. " Sure." I stood up and help him carry them to the stage. " Where do you want them?" I asked. " Just behind the drum set."

I sat them down and walked back over to him. " Need anything else?" I asked. He shook his head. " I'm good for now. Thanks." And with that I walked off.

I walked into the dressing room to see everyone in there, except for Rydel. " Where's Rydel?" I asked Ross sitting beside Him. I looked down at his phone to see that he was texting Laura.

He still didn't answer, Riker noticed she he spoke up. " She went to get food for after." I nod. " okay, thanks." I mumble. He just smiled in return.

'Can't wait to see you tonight babe. 😘' I read the last message. I silently groan. She's coming?! Ugh. Great.

Rydel soon walked in with food and everyone got up, except for Ross. He's still glued to his phone.

" What's Ross doing?" She whispered. " Laura." Riker grumbled. " He wouldn't pay attention to anything we were saying about the show. He's to worried about his precious girlfriend." He growled.

Wow, they all must hate her. " You don't like her either?" I whisper. He shook his head. " She's always rude to us. She acts all Innocent around Ross, but when he's not around, she's a total bit-" he quickly shut his mouth.

" Why didn't you finish your sentence?" I asked confused. " I don't like swearing to younger people." He admit. I laughed. " Riker, I'm in grade 8. I've heard all of those words before. And been called them too." I whisper the last part.

Riker was about to say something but Ryland came in asking for my help. " Uh, yeah. Sure." I walk out right behind him.

" Can you grab those boxes and put on that table over there?" He pointed to 4 boxes and then pointed to the table. " Yep."

Ryland pulled all 4 boxes in my hands. I couldn't see anything because the one box was in my way. Before I could say anything to Ryland, he was gone. I sighed and started walking carefully.

I was almost there, until I bumbled into something with my legs, then slipped. The boxes fell out of my hands as I fell onto my back. I groaned and rolled over onto my stomach.

" Wow, are you okay?" A boy called running over to me. He held out his hand and I grabbed it pulling myself up. " Uh, yeah. Thanks." I look down to see what I tripped on.

It was a caution ' Wet Floor' sign. I laughed silently and picked up the boxes. " Here, let me help you with that," he grabbed two boxes and walked over to the table. " Thanks."

He smiled at me. I studied him. He had nice long ish brown hair, Blue eyes, tall, skinny. " Um.." I quickly snapped out of my thoughts and turned my attention back to him. "Oh, sorry." I hide my face from embarrassment.

" It's okay," he stoke out his hand. " I'm Nash, are you are?" " Jordan." I shook his hand.

I was the first one to pull away from the shake. I returned my hand to my side As I awkwardly stood there. " So uh,. What do you do here?" He asked. Only the staff we work with know about Lynchs adopting me.

" I'm there sister." I reply just as awkwardly. " Ross!" A familiar voice squealed. I groaned as I turned around to see Ross and Laura hugging. She pulled back and kissed him.

I scoffed and turned back to Nash. " Who's that?" He pointed to Laura. " That's Ross' girlfriend." I scoff. I cross my arms and turn my head back to the couple.

" By that I'm guessing you don't like her?" He laughed. I turned back to him. " Not at all." I laugh. I heard footsteps behind me, but I didn't turn around. I kept m focus on Nash.

" Um. Jordan?" Ross asked tapping my shoulder. I turn around. " Yeah." I watch as he takes him arm from around her shoulders to down to her waist. " Rydel needs your help." I nodded.

But just before I left, Nash asked for my number, which triggered something. Alex! I haven't talked to him in a long time. I typed my number into his phone, smiled then ran off.

I walked into the dressing room and saw something I'd never want to see. Ever.

A/N
What do you think?
.

.

.
And don't forget to comment and vote please!
And go cheek out my new fanfiction called ' How could you.' !