extra push

CHRIS CORNELL

stone looked over at Chris amused as he continued to fidget in his seat , his eyes constantly darting over to the door not really listening to what was being said from those at the table around him .

it was safe to say that he was anticipating a certain someone attending there monthly dinner tonight and he couldn't stop his heart from racing at the thought of seeing her again.

something that was easy to take notice of by the twitching of his leg and hands , his friends constantly teasing him about it .

he couldn't help it though , he was excited and nervous at the same time , a real mix to be dealing with .

"you look like you're about to take off on a race dude , calm down ." stone said with a snicker getting his attention again .

moving his eyes away from the door as though it was going to burn down if he kept his gaze levelled at it , shooting him a small glare that lacked any real anger.

he knew that he was coming off as an insane wreck but that was just how she made him feel , like his nerves were on fire and his skin was tingling .

and she wasn't even here yet .

rolling his eyes at stone as he grabbed his beer from in front of him and took a swig hoping it would calm him down 

"I just haven't seen her in a while ya know ... they've been touring for months now ." he said.

"did you see that interview she did at some after party? she looked so good man and then she was talking about the-" he started to gush in admiration , missing the knowing looks his friends sent each other . 

before his eyes caught sight of a familiar figure over Eddie's shoulder , his eyes widening as he began to choke on his beer alarming those around him 

jeff looked at him concerned and carefully patted his back

"you alright man?" he asked him but Chris wasn't paying him any attention .

his eyes glued on lacy as she walked through the door wearing a short black dress with a large over sized flannel that he was sure was his own ,

her shaggy red hair a messy halo around her head and her lips painted red , smiling over at him happily as she noticed him .

the others following his line of vision , realisation clouding there features as they laughed .

"oh geez , Chris I think you're turning red..." stone teased him with a snort , eyeing the mans flushed cheeks and dilated eyes .