One

Rosalyn

The sting of a slap connected with Rosalyn's cheek, and it echoed throughout the empty facility.

The training centre looked like an enhanced gymnasium. A track circled the area with twelve lanes, used for warmups and races. Inside the perimeter of the track lay treadmills and weights, metal lifting bars and medicine balls. Rosalyn stood inside one of the many wrestling rings, her hand caressed over her cheek, as she glared at her opponent.

"Who slaps in a fight?" Rosalyn scoffed, trying to shake the high pitched buzz from her ear.

"It caught you off guard, didn't it?" Vivienne stated. She smiled at Rosalyn, but it only fueled more anger between the two of them.

Rosalyn lifted up her hands, balling them into fists as she started to move. Vivienne moved along with her, carrying her smile at every step. The two girls sidestepped in circles, waiting for the other to pounce. But it was always Rosalyn who started the attacks.

Rosalyn jumped at Vivienne, swinging her arm forward as she connected her knuckles to Vivienne's ribcage. Vivienne gasped, sucking in nothing but false air as she backed away. She quickly recovered as she kicked Rosalyn in the chest with her boot, sending Rosalyn back a few steps. The girls caught their breath before standing straight again, their fists ready.

Rosalyn was not satisfied with her fighting; she was too distracted by the news she received earlier, and how in a matter of moments there would be new arrivals to the Capital.

Vivienne reached forward and snagged Rosalyn's high bun, tugging her curly dark hair towards her. Rosalyn shrieked before her fingers dug into the tender spot of Vivienne's arm, and both girls retreated.

"Slapping and pulling hair? That's weak fighting, Vivie," Rosalyn said. She crossed her arms as she glared at Vivienne, her older sister.

"You were the one giving me a weak fight," Vivienne said.

Rosalyn rolled her eyes before hopping out of the ring, but Vivienne was quick to follow. Rosalyn would never leave a fight until there was a clear winner, but she was done with training.

"What's up with you?" Vivienne asked.

Rosalyn walked over to to edge of the track, sitting in front of the massive screen that covered a fourth of the long wall.

"I can't stop thinking about that video," Rosalyn said. It was on everyone's minds. The gym was bare because people were either gone to help or were ordered to stay in their rooms until further notice. The daughters of the Vice President were an exception; they could do most than others could.

"Let's watch it again, then." Vivienne snatched the remote from the wall, and a massive screen of Benedict Lee appears as she sits next to Rosalyn.

"Hello, America. I'm Benedict Lee, and over the course of three years I have been testing and experimenting on seven human beings."

Benedict Lee looked like a strange man; one who would always be brought down by society. It's no wonder why he followed through with the unlawful act of capturing humans. His glasses were too small, the black rim covering over most of his bushy grey eyebrows. His stringy hair looked like it was always raised by static, making his wrinkled forehead appear larger. While there were some unappealing looks to the man, his white teeth shined through the screen, and he held a playful smirk. His voice sounded southern, clarifying that he was indeed from South-East.

"America will soon be at war. And I have created seven subjects with powers. It is your pleasure to find out their powers for yourselves. I will spread the seven subjects apart, outdoors, and whoever comes across them first has the honor of keeping them."