Thirty-One

Rosalyn

Miriam wasted no time.

She forcefully wrapped her hands around Rosalyn's throat as she shoved her against the nearest wall. The wall shook, and the subtle decorations rattled as Rosalyn's body took a voilent hit.

Miriam was not gentle. She tightened her grip. "Was this your plan all along, Miss Bonavich?" She sneered as she readjusted her grip. "Was it your plan to turn against us?"

Rosalyn's shaky fingers tapped on Miriam's hand, trying to ask her to let go, but it was no use. The pressure was so strong Rosalyn was fighting for a full breath. Last time this happened, Malakai protected her. He wasn't here...

But five others were. And it was a good thing they at least cared for Rosalyn—a little or a lot, she didn't know. But at least they cared enough not to let Miriam kill her.

"Hey, Miriam!" Sebastian stepped in. "Let go!"

When Miriam did not back down, Wolfgang audibly sighed and wrapped his hand over her wrist, easily prying her hand away from Rosalyn's neck. He held onto her until she nodded and calmed herself, but she did not back away. Her other arm was guarded in front of herself, ready to block if Rosalyn decided to strike back. But her actions were not needed; Rosalyn was hunched over, gasping and choking for a breath. She didn't know how powerful her grip was until all the pressure was gone.

"It turned out exactly the way you wanted it to, huh?" Miriam still threatened her with painful words. "I bet Ingrid turned him in. I bet you two knew everything."

"No," Rosalyn spat, forcing herself to stand up straight. Her throat burned, inside and out, but she managed to catch and cling onto Miriam's gaze.

"How can we possibly believe you? Subject Zero and Ingrid are missing? The one your father wants the most just happens to be gone? Admit it, Bonavich. You turned against Kai—all of us."

"See for yourself," Rosalyn managed to speak, nodding at her. "Go ahead."

Miriam paused and cocked an eyebrow, her icy blue eyes staring at her with no mercy. She knew what Rosalyn was offering; to slip into her mind and see if she was truly lying or not. For a slight moment, she was embarrassed what Miriam would find. Would she see the replay of Malakai gently holding her and kissing her head? Would she see all of her thoughts about the boy she nearly just met? And lastly, would she see true terror at the fact that Malakai was gone?

But instead, Miriam growled and pulled away, turning her face away and pinching her fingers on the bridge of her nose. She didn't even peak in Rosalyn's head; or at least, she didn't feel anything.

"Rosalyn would never do such a thing," Sebastian spoke. "Plus, Ingrid is gone too. Why would she want Ingrid gone?"

Sebastian's glowing orange eyes were dulled. Once again, his best friend fell through his grasp, and the woman he'd gotten close with is gone, too. Sebastian met her with sorrowful eyes, and she could see her own pained reflection through him. She couldn't imagine what was happening behind his eyes, though. Something devastating, for sure.

Rosalyn noticed Becks' small frame far away, in the corner of the room. Her chocolate colored eyes were wide as she glanced at each person, and her arms were crossed over herself as if her stomach was hurting. Rosalyn realized she was taking in all the emotions in the room, which was a lot. Maybe it was mentally and physically hurting her to feel so much, to experience all the emotions inside of her. She stayed hunched in the corner as Wolfgang blocked Rosalyn's view from her.