1. Freedom

It's filthy. Filthy place. Filthy people. And filthy life. Nothing else could describe it better.

But however filthy it may be, my innocence was still there. Not once did I allow him, the filthy old man, to touch it. But I never did try to run away. Largely because there was no place for me to go. After all, Levi and them abandoned me. They sold me off and are probably enjoying themselves off of the money they got.

Wrapping my legs with my arms against my cold body, I buried my head and cried.

I...loved him. I thought that I had found a new family. Turns out, it was nothing but a lie.

The wooden door suddenly opens, revealing the old man called John. I had recognized him as one of the guys back then who asked me for my house directions. He smiled.

"Time for a bath, my sweet girls~" he said.

In the shower room with 2 other girls and him in the middle, I began softly scrubbing the grime off of me.

"What have you done?" Levi said, looking at the red streaks on my arm.

"I was scrubbing the grime off." I answered.

"That's too rough. You'll ruin your skin." He said. "Here." He took my arm and I gasped.

"You're really good at this, Levi." I laughed.

I blinked my eyes, trying to push the memories into the far back of my mind so that I wouldn't recall it again.

"(Y/n)." Old man John said. "Come here~ I'll show you the way." He grabbed my arm and began fondling it with his meaty hands.

I flinched from his touch, but I have long stopped making noises whenever he touches me like this. I caught glances with the other girls before they looked away. I knew that they didn't like me. After all, I'm the one that's always receiving special treatment from the old man. Well, that's what it means to have a talent for attracting old men. Thought it's not a talent I wanted.

There's only one man that I didn't mind touching me so closely. But of course he rejected me. He's not a old man after all.

I stared at my hands as I remembered that day.

"I'm too old for you." Levi said. "You should find someone better."

"T-There's no one else." I said shyly.

"(Y/n)." I love it when he calls my name.

"...yes?"

"I'm not worth it."

I am now 16, the same age as Levi when he saved me from near death. And it's been 3 years since I've seen Levi, Farlan, and Isabel. Three years since I've been bought. Or at least that's what I was told. But he never came for me. Besides, I caught a glance of them with money in their hands as I was being taken.

I felt a pair of fat lips on the nape of my neck. Without thinking, I immediately reacted with a punch on his stinking face, breaking the blood vessels in his nasal cavity and causing a spurt of nosebleed. I sat there, shocked by what I just did. The other two girls were amused as they held in their laughters. Needless to say, I got punished, but the two girls came to like me.

Middle of the Night

*scuffle scuffle*

.....

*scuffle scuffle*

I slowly opened my eyes. "Lily? Ame?" I rubbed my eyes as they adjusted to the dark with the help of the moonlight.

They were not in their beds and I panicked as I looked around to finally find them tied up with cloth stuffed in their mouths at the corner of the room. Near me was the old man with a hatchet in his hands. I quickly jumped away, dodging his swing.

WHAT THE FUCK!?!?

He swung at me again as I dodged again.

"Damn, you're agile." He says.

I then tripped as I see him in front of me. His large body casted a dark shadow over me, like a prey caught in a predator's trap.

He knelt down.

"You really are pretty." He licked his lips as he smelled my hand. "Such small hands. Hard to believe of the punch behind it." As he continued to smell and place kisses, I felt something bulge against my thigh. I didn't look since I knew what it is.

"Hey." He said. "You know what I want to do to you?" With my silence, he continued. "Have you heard of a daruma doll? It's a doll with no arms and legs, and it stands back up when it gets tipped down."

My breath hitches as my heart beats crazy from fear.

"And isn't a human with no arms and legs a human daruma doll? I'll keep you alive and brEATHING JUST LIKE A DARUMA DOLL!!" He shouts. "You'll be ALL MINE!!" He then laughs hysterically before Lily and Ame kicks him in the head, knocking him over.

"(Y/n)!" Lily shouts, her face streaked with tears.

"Hurry!" Ame also shouts.

I quickly grabbed the hatchet, hesitatingly took a swing at one of the old man's legs and walked over to them. I took the cloths out and then cut the ropes with the hatchet, freeing them. With a lot of struggle, we quickly escaped the building and the rest of his men into the middle of a forest. We remained quiet as they came searching for us.

Some time later....

"I think we're safe now." I said.

Ame held Lily as she cries from what just happened. We hugged each other in what little strength we had.

"You stink, Lily." I joked. "Did you pee yourself?"

She looked at the ground and then at me, a pink streak across her face.

"Wait, you did?" I said and she nodded. "Oh, sorry."

Ame laughed and we did as well.

Tonight, we fought back and found our freedom. At the ends of the forest, we walk into the streets within Wall Sina.