14. Mission

Levi has always been a caring person, though he never shows it. I've always known that, but after being taken by the old man, I had forgotten it. Then, what exactly happened back then?

I woke up to birds chirping and the morning sun. After breakfast, I walked to Lily's room where she lays unconscious. As I was about to walk through the door, her voice surprised me.

"Captain?" She called.

I stopped before entering.

"It's me." I said.

She smiled at the sight of me. "(Y/n)!"

I sat by her bedside.

"When did you wake up?"

"Just an hour ago." She then looked at the ceiling. "Captain was here."

I widened my eyes.

"Yeah." She smiles. "I was surprised, too."

The news of Lily awakening reached Eren and the others. They squeezed into the room to see her.

-

I knocked his office door.

"Name and business." He says.

"Um, it's (y/n), Captain." I answered.

"Mm."

I closed the door gently behind me and sat across from him.

"So?" He looks at me. "What is it?"

"What were you doing in Lily's room?" I asked.

"Why you want to know?" He raised an eyebrow.

"Just answer me, dammit." I looked at him with a frown.

"It'd be smart to watch your mouth." He says.

"You're just Levi." I said.

"And you're just a cadet." He says.

I crossed my arms.

It was weird talking to him. It's been so long and the way we've been acting with each other is totally different from our underground days. I wasn't sure how to get it back.

I decided to ask him about back then.

"About-"

"Levi." Hange came in looking a bit serious. "We have an important meeting right now. It's about the female titan."

When we arrived at the meeting location, Eren and the others looked at us. Lily smiled.

"We will lead Annie deep underground and capture her there." Commander Erwin says.

"But knowing Annie, she'll catch on." Armin says.

"We just have to try. If all else fails, Eren, turn into a titan and fight her."

Eren gulped and nodded.

"Levi." Erwin turns. "You will stay with me so that your leg heals."

Levi's injured?

Mikasa looked down. "Sorry, Captain."

"It's nothing." Levi brushed off. "Just make sure to carry this mission out."

And we set off with the plan.

Alright, lets capture Annie.