18. Historia

I came back to the headquarters and slumped into Lily's embrace. I felt some of my stress lift as Lily smiles at me.

"I'm tired." I said.

"Hm." She says softly.

Levi and the other superiors were dealing with Annie and the problem with Erwin's treason. Eren was stuck in the infirmary with Mikasa visiting her.

My mind wanders back to that nameless soldier. I just met him today and he was already dead before I even got to properly thank him. The close presence of death disturbs me. We were all given life and it could be taken away just as easily. My mind then wanders all the way back to the moment I felt myself stand up against all that had brought me down. The day that Levi picked me up and gave me a reason to keep on going.

"Life is precious."

His words echoes in my head.

I heard footsteps and saw Armin come in with a scared expression.

"What's wrong?" I asked.

"There's...there's a titan in the wall." He says.

My eyes widened. "What do you mean?"

I followed outside and looked at the wall where Annie was climbing from. Right there was a crack with part of a titan's face showing through.

Lily beside me gasped at the horrid discovery.

"What's going on?" She says.

Right after, there was news of titans appearing in Wall Rose. In a carriage, Eren, Armin, Mikasa and I sat together with Levi, Hange, and her buddy Pastor Nick across from us. Since pastor Nick takes up the most space, Lily also sat across from us next to Levi, due to her small physique. There wasn't much space and we were all squeezed against each other.

The atmosphere is tense and I eyes pastor Nick. He sat guarded with an uncomfortable expression. Hange gets close to him, tryin to dog information from him. Levi then pulls out a mini gun and points it at him from the inside of his suit jacket.

"I know many ways to make a man talk." He threatens. "I hope I don't have to put any new orifices in a man today."

I gulped.

"Threats won't work on him, Levi." Hange said. "I already tried."

Levi huffs and puts his gun away.

"If you know something then why won't you tell us?" I asked. "You're being ridiculous."

He kept quiet and looks away from me.

I stared at him and then my eyes subconsciously averts to Levi's. He was staring at me and we both looked away. Beside me, Eren notices my expression and gently grasps my pinky.

"It's alright." He whispers. "Here to protect you."

I looked at him confused until I remembered the misunderstanding. When I was about to open my mouth, I was interrupted by Levi speaking to him.

"You will seal the hole, Eren." Levi says.

I realized that Armin was just discussing about the plan.

Eren looks at Levi as he looks down in thought.

"It doesn't matter what you think." Levi says. "You have to. There's no other choice. We're out of options. You have to succeed."

"Yes, sir." Eren says as he looks at the key hanging from his neck.

Ehrmich District

We entered a building filled with people in despair. I see Levi and pastor Nick coming as Hange runs up to her. They start argue and pastor Nick decides to tell us of the name of the person his person were instructed to monitor. This person had joined the 104th cadet corp this year and knows the secrets of the walls. Her name is....

"Christa Lenz." Pastor Nick says.

Christa?!

We all gasped.

"We need to find her and have her tell us of the secrets." Pastor Nick says.

"She's the smallest in our year." Eren says.

"She has long blonde hair." Armin says. "She's also cute."

"She's always hanging around Ymir." Mikasa says.

"If she's in the 104th cadet corp, then she's in the front lines right." Hange says.

After a little while, Levi steps up and begins speaking. Armin was with Hange to combine their intellect while Mikasa will protect Eren as he goes to seal the hole in the wall. Finally, I was to stay with Armin and Hange, away from the combat due to my recovering injuries.

The next destination is the castle.

We rode on our horses the whole night. Soon morning approaches as the castle comes in sight. There were titans and titan scattered about. Mikasa suddenly flies off and slays a titan, saving Christa. Eren flies off next as he shouts a 'DIE' and then falls to the ground after his first kill. I watched as they killed the titans. After the work was done, we all stood at the sight of Christ holding Ymir in her lap.

"My real name is...Historia." Christa confesses.