19. Traitors

Back in Trost, we stood atop the wall. Hange and the rest searches for the hole as I watched from above. Ymir was unconscious as her messed up body heals.

I stood beside Armin and Eren with Bertholdt and Reiner discussing about their hometown.

Ignoring them, I watch Hannes climb up the wall with a furrowed expression.

"There's no hole anywhere." He says. "We haven't seen any titans either."

Everyone was confused as they discussed.

"Anyway, we're heading back now." Hannes left us with that and leaves.

I walked beside Mikasa as we uttered about the weird situation. Suddenly, I heard Eren being called and turned just as Mikasa did.

Reiner begins speaking to Eren as Bertholdt looks upon them with anxiety and confusion in his eyes. I caught couple words as they spoke quite quietly. Mikasa has a scary look on her face and I began to feel my stomach sink in.

I remember back to the night we discussed about Reiner and Bertholdt being traitors working with Annie.

Suddenly, Reiner takes off the wraps on his arm and I see steam coming off.

"I don't know what's right anymore." Reiner says. "But as a warrior, I will fulfill my duty to the bitter end!"

"Are we doing it?! Now?! Right here?!" Bertholdt shouts.

"Yeah." Reiner shouts. "We settle this right here...right now!"

Mikasa takes off and knocks Bertholdt to the ground, slicking his throat as crimson red blood spurts into the air. Reiner pushes her off as they soon transform into titans. The steam coming from them blows everything away as I grab on. I saw Ymir flying off before Bertholdt grabs her. Eren was taken by Reiner. I hear a deadly scream come from him before he transform as well.

A fight broke out.

Eren lost and was kidnapped...yet again.

"Eren!" Mikasa's shouts.

We gather our horses and our troops and begin the chase. I felt my head hurt but held it in. Hange then grabbed my wrist.

"You stay here, (y/n)." She says.

"I can fight, too." I said.

"You're still under the symptoms of your head injury." She says. "Stay."

She stared intensely into my eyes and I nodded.

"Alright." I said.

I watch as everyone sets off on their horses. I held a hand to my aching head and sat down to help with the sudden dizziness.

Please make it back safe, everyone.