6. Military Division

He grabbed me so unexpectedly. I was at a loss for words as silence fell between us with my friends staring behind me. I looked up at his face. He looks the same as always. Does this man even age?

"Ah, you're Captain Levi..." I said, holding in the ugly feelings.

He studied my expression.

"You-"

"Le-vie-iii!" A glasses woman came running towards him. "There you are!"

"Tch." He looked annoyed. "What?"

"We're leaving." She held Levi's arm. "Come on!"

He glanced at me before taking off with the weird woman.

"What was that?" Mikasa said. "Are you okay?"

"Yeah." I said. "He just grabbed me. That's all."

"If that man hurts you, I'll make sure to make him pay ten-folds." Mikasa threatens.

-

Back at HQ, I laid down on my bed as I stared at the off-white ceiling.

So Levi's here, then Farlan and Isabel must be here somewhere, too.

Tonight

Tonight was a big night where I make a decision that will change my future. All of us cadets gathered in this big room to choose a military divisions. I had decided to join the Survey Corps and I wasn't going to let Levi being there change my decision. I'm pretty sure I'm a brave person after all, and I am going to use all of the energy inside me to fight! And live a meaningful life.

Commander stood at the wooden stage with several other figures in the back. Apparently, Levi was supposed to be here as well, but he was occupied by Eren. After the new soldier ceremony was over, the new soldiers were gathered at different places whether it be inside, outside, or around the big hall.

"Are you serious?" Jean muttered to himself.

"At least we won't be separated." I tried to cheer him up. "And Mikasa's here."

He chuckled uneasily, looking at the ground. "Is hell going to freeze over?"

"What?"

"No, it's just unusual. You starting the small talk."

I raised an eyebrow and then saw Lily from the distance talking with a guy. They talked for a while before leaving.

"What were you guys talking about?" I asked.

"He said he's going to protect me..." Lily said.

"Well you are really cute." Connie joined in.

"That's creepy, Connie." Sasha commented.

Well, Connie's right. Lily is really cute. Her black hair and black eyes with her pale skin, pink lips, and short height is so very adorable, indeed. She looks just like a hybrid between Mikasa and Christa.

Lily looked at us with a gentle smile.

"I love you guys." She smiled. "I'll protect all of you with my life."

I held her hand and looked at all of my friends:
Armin, Mikasa, Jean, Sasha, Connie, and Lily.

"Same here."