Chapter 12 ~ Rainy days

"Good morning, classmates. How are you?" The stoic Ritsu greeted us the next morning. We all stared at her, confused as to what happened.

"Apparently upgrades will be considered a breach of Koro-sensei's agreement not to harm a student." Mr. Karasuma said. "That's what her inventors said."

"Since when have I been in the business of appeasing parents?" Koro-sensei asked. "My students' needs come first."

So if she's back to normal... is she gonna attack Koro-sensei every single period again? My question was answered as Ritsu started processing something on her screen and unleashed her multiple guns.

We all ducked our heads for cover, but were surprised when the building shook, but no bullets were shot. Instead, the room was filled with flower petals.

"You ordered flowers, right?" Ritsu asked. "I hid most of Koro-sensei's improvements in a part of my memory that went untouched by my inventors."

"Outstanding!" Koro-sensei applauded. "So you have free will again?"

"That's right." Ritsu smiled, back to her cheerful self. We all sighed in relief.

And so we have another assassin. That's 28 in total... so far.

~~~~~

"Good job, this is even better than last time." Karma said as he looked over my most recent math quiz.

"I'm so relieved." I smiled. "Thank you, Karma."

"No problem." He shrugged. "So I guess now we won't have a need for our tutoring lessons anymore."

"W-What?" I asked. When he said that, I was pretty disappointed. Not only are Karma and I good friends, but now that I've come to grips with my feelings for him, I really enjoy the time we spend together like this.

"Well yeah, your grades are pretty good now." He said. "What's wrong?"

"Nothing, I should probably head home now. I think it's about to rain." I said, gathering my stuff.

"We still have today, though-"

"Really, it's okay-" I was cut off by the sound of thunder in the sky. Slowly but surely, rain started pouring down on us.

"Let's go back to the classroom!" Karma yelled over the storm. We ran back and thankfully the doors were still unlocked. I shivered as we walked into our classroom. I looked in my desk for my jacket, but I guess I forgot it. "Here." Karma said and held out his black blazer.

"But aren't you cold?" I asked.

"Not really." He shrugged.

"Thank you." I smiled and slipped the blazer on. It was warm and smelt like him.

"So be honest with me, why were you so upset earlier?" Karma suddenly asked. I could do nothing but just stand there and blush. The atmosphere felt awkward, at least to me, as there was deafening silence. "So I'm gonna be the first one to say it, huh?"

"What?" I asked. He smirked and walked over to where I was sitting on top of my desk, putting his arms on either side of it.

"In Kyoto, when I kissed you, did you really think it was just to calm you down?" He asked.

"Well, yeah, that's what you said." I answered honestly.

"You're so naive, it's cute." He chuckled before pecking my lips, catching me by surprise. "I never thought the day would come, but I like you, (Y/N)."

"You what?!" I asked in astonishment.

"Yeah." He shrugged. "I never though someone like you would fall for a trouble-maker like me, but I'm guessing from your blush that you did."

"M-Maybe..." I averted my gaze out of embarrassment. He just laughed at me and held my hands.

"So, be my girlfriend?" He smirked.

"Yes!" I exclaimed and threw my arms around him. He wrapped his arms around me too but soon enough, we heard an all too familiar chuckle. Slowly looking up, we spotted our octopus teacher hanging from the ceiling, his body completely blushing pink.

"That was brilliant, Karma!" Koro-sensei exclaimed.

"Get out of here!" Karma blushed and fired his gun at our teacher a dozen times, causing him to flash out of the room at mock 20.

"I didn't know you could blush." I smirked.

"I'm still human." He looked away from me. "Anyways, I think the rain has stopped."

"Oh, you're right." I looked out the window. "Here's your jacket-"

"Keep it." He smiled. "I have plenty more at home."

"Thank you." I smiled and hopped off the desk. We walked out if the classroom hand-in-hand, only to find yet another surprise waiting for us. All of our classmates.

"That was so cute!" Kaede came skipping up to me and gave me a hug.

"Have any of you ever heard of privacy?!" Karma exclaimed.

"Aw, looks like someone's embarrassed." Terasaka smirked.

"Shut up!" Karma huffed and walked down the mountain. I laughed and ran to catch up with him. Our whole class walked home together that day, some as friends, and some as more than friends, the perfect ending to our rainy day.