Chapter 38 ~ Sisters (Part 2)

Akari ended up texting Koro-sensei to meet her at 7pm in a field close by. Of course, he wouldn't be the only one going. We were all going. I was going, even though I didn't feel up to doing anything with all that's happened today.

So now we're all standing in the field behind Koro-sensei as Akari's tentacles levitated in the air above her. "Let's end this then." She smiled.

"It's too dangerous to keep using those tentacles." Koro-sensei tried to reason with her. "They have to be removed for you to live."

"They're in peak condition." She smirked.

"Akari, I thought we were your friends." Nagisa said. "But the whole time you were just acting? All the stuff we've done and been through together?"

"That's what I do." She responded. "I'm an actor. I act."

"You did all this for your big sister?" Fuwa asked.

"Koro-sensei murdered her." She said. "She never wanted to hurt anyone. She just wanted to teach. She used to brag about all of you."

"We know, we saw her." Takebayashi said.

"But could Koro-sensei actually murder someone?" Sugino asked. "In cold blood? I just don't see it."

"Akari we don't have the whole story yet." I said. "It's been a year. You know what kind of person he is by now."

"We have to kill him eventually, but this shouldn't be about revenge." Karma said.

"Feel like you're heating up but your nape is ice cold?" Itona asked her. "Trust me, if you fight in that condition, it'll suck your life force."

"Shut up, I didn't ask you." Akari lit her tentacles on fire from who knows where. "Every weapon comes at a price. I'll use everything to my advantage. You taught me that, Koro-sensei."

She suddenly slammed her tentacles to the ground, creating a ring of fire around only her and Koro-sensei. "This is insane, Akari!" Nagisa yelled. "If I've learned anything in this class, it's that no target is worth sacrificing your life for!"

"How sweet of you to be concerned." She said. "But if you think I care, you're wrong." And so Akari jumped into the air and swung her flaming tentacles at Koro-sensei. The tentacles were already getting a hold on her brain. Another few minutes of this, and she'll be dead.

Nevertheless she continued attacking Koro-sensei, who could barely keep up. "DIE! DIE! DIE! DIE! DIE!" She repeated over and over again. We could do nothing as the ring of fire held us back. I felt completely useless in that moment. I could do absolutely nothing to help my sister. Koro-sensei may end up dying here, but he won't be the only one.

"Children!" A Koro-sensei clone appeared in front of us. "Akari's tentacles must be removed ASAP! She's lost all reason now and they'll zap her life force soon. So long as her bloodlust equals that of her tentacles, they'll be impossible to extract. We can't talk her down like Itona. I'll have to pull them out as we fight. If I let her think she's got me, her tentacles will be satisfied. One of you has to take that tiny opportunity to distract her. Do whatever it takes to get her mind off assassination."

Nobody wanted to get in the middle of the battle, but somebody had to. But what do we do? We've been trained assassins for the past year so we should be experts in this kind of stuff. I gripped my head as I searched for what to do. Hold on, there is that one killer move.

As Akari continued attacking Koro-sensei, I snuck around the fire ring. She eventually got her tentacles wrapped around Koro-sensei's heart, but he didn't stop fighting. He wrapped a tentacle around her and pulled her closer. "I made a promise to your sister." He said. "I'm not letting you out of my grasp."

While she struggled against Koro-sensei's tentacle, I slowly walked up to her. She looked at me with nothing but bloodlust in her eyes. I couldn't stand it.

I quickly stepped forward and wrapped her in my arms, tightly hugging her. This is the most physical contact we've had over the past several months. "It's okay, I got you." I whispered.

"Get... off..." She said weakly but started to calm down by the second. I won't let you say that this whole school year was just an act. I could tell the whole time that it wasn't. This assassination classroom means as much to you as it does to me.

I continued my embrace with her and put my hand on the back of her head, nodding to Koro-sensei. Quickly but carefully, he successfully extracted her tentacles.

And so Akari collapsed to the ground, unconscious but alright. Koro-sensei, however, spit up some "blood." "I'm okay." He said. "My heart just needs time to fully regenerate."

"For someone so willing to sacrifice herself for revenge, I thought she'd come up with something better than this." Shiro suddenly appeared.

"You helped her with this?!" I exclaimed. He took off his white cloak and mask, revealing his true identity.

"I thought I recognized that twisted genius." Koro-sensei said. Before us was Aguri's former fianceé, also the main experimenter who changed Koro-sensei from a man to a super-creature.

"March is upon us, and with it the perfect end to a cursed life." He calmly walked away.

"What happened?" Akari eventually woke up.

"Thank goodness." Koro-sensei said.

"So you're back?" Okano asked.

"The more time I spent with Koro-sensei, the less my bloodlust seemed to matter." Akari said. "(R/N), I honestly wanted to see how you saw Koro-sensei, but the tentacles refused it."

"We all wear masks from time to time, you're still the real you." Nagisa said. "Our friendships and memories are still the same."

"He's right, Akari." I said. "So let's hear Koro-sensei's story. As a class."