Chapter 18 ~ A bet

A tentacle for a test score... Everybody's good at something, so this is our shot! Koro-sensei promised us if we score the highest grade or rank in a subject on our finals, we can cut off one of his tentacles.

However, Sugino just got a call from his friend on the main campus. Class 3-A is currently holding an independent study-hall being led by The Big 5. No doubt Asano is jumping on his dad's idea of keeping E-class something to be feared and looked down on. Their main plan is to keep us off the main campus, but we actually prefer it down here. Even if we didn't, we have to be here because of Koro-sensei.

But while the idea of placing first in every subject was nearly ridiculous, E-class is full of fighters, literally. So Isogai reserved us a table at the main campus library the next day. It was actually going pretty good, until...

"Well look at that." Four familiar members of The Big 5 showed up. "Why even bother? Come on, playtime's over."

"Do you mind?! We're trying to fill our heads with knowledge!" Kaede exasperated, holding up a book; however, it fell down, revealing another book. "Puddings of the World"? I don't think that's on the finals...

"We're not going anywhere. We reserved these seats in advance." Isogai said.

"Hmm? Are you hard-luck cases defying their upper class-men?" One of the guys smirked.

"Hey, he said these were ours." I spoke up. "Everyone has a right to good grades if they work hard."

"Yeah, try bossing us around when we kick your butts on the finals." Nakamura said.

"Oh wait, I know you guys." One guy looked intently at us. After all, Okuda's amazing at Science, Isogai's great at Social Studies, and Kanzaki's really smart in Japanese. "Oops, these aren't your everyday dummies. They actually have some academic skills."

"Interesting. So let's wager those skills against something much higher than bragging rights." Another guy smirked. "Whoever scores lower has to do what the other class says. Sound fun?"

"Oh, where's that attitude all of a sudden?" One guy threw his arm around me. "If we wanted to, we could even put our lives on the line." In the blink of an eye, we all had razor-sharp pencils pointed at throats, eyes and chests.

"I'd be more careful about betting my life if I were you." Nagisa said.

"Then we have a deal. You'll regret this!" They all ran away like crybabies. The whole library sat silently in shock as they ran away. Just wait till the rest of the class hears about this...

~~~~~

"Karma! You could get the best overall score!" I sighed as I tried to wake up a sleeping Karma during our study-hall.

"I'll be fine." He groaned.

Surprisingly, the rest of the class took the news of our bet pretty well. They think that we have nothing to lose, but I just have a bad feeling about what they could make us do. They don't know anything about Koro-sensei... do they?

"I say we make them share the cafeteria with us!" Kurahashi suggested.

"Not bad, but how about something else." Koro-sensei said. "I want you guys to know how it feels to fight your way tooth and nail to the top."

I smirked as you could basically feel everyone getting riled up for finals. We're not just E-class, we're an assassination classroom. The assassination classroom. We can do this.