Chapter 30 ~ Sports Festival

He's Prince Charming! We all gushed as we visited the cafe Isogai secretly works at. Yes, secretly. Having a job at Kunugigaoka isn't allowed, but he needed the job to help his mom with money. But everything stopped as five familiar faces walked through the door.

"Hello, welcome-" Isogai started to greet them but then stopped.

"Looked like the rumors were true." One of the Big 5 said.

"This is your second violation of school policy." Asano said. "I expected better."

To not make a scene or have Isogai get in trouble, we all talked outside. Turns out Isogai's in E-class because of his first violation: another job. "Please, it's only for the money. I need it." Isogai pleaded with Asano.

"I don't know." Asano crossed his arms. "Maybe we can be gentlemanly about all this." It's easy to tell when Asano's plotting something. He becomes a spitting image of his father. "I'll keep your dirty little secret, on one condition: you show me your fighting spirit."

"My what?" Isogai questioned.

"You heard me." Asano said. "Our school reverences those who can hold their own, both in the classroom and in life. So, my class against your class in the sports festival. Pole toppling."

~~~~~

I slightly panted as I went for a water break on the main campus. Today was the sports festival. Only the guys were participating in the pole toppling, but everyone could participate in the other events.

I stretched my already tired limbs and started walking back out to the field. "Hey, you're Karma's little girlfriend, aren't you?" I suddenly heard a smug voice behind me. I turned around to see none other than the principal's son.

"What's it to you?" I frowned.

"I see his attitude's rubbing off on you." He smirked and walked over to me as I stayed where I was. "I'd suggest you guys back out now. There's no way E-class is going to beat us."

"Oh, but what about the finals last term?" I smirked. He frowned and placed his hand on the wall behind me, leaning in close.

"Listen here, you-"

"Hey!" I turned my head to see a very angry Karma quickly making his way over to Asano and I. "Come near her again, and I will kill you." Asano did nothing but smirk at Karma's threat and started walking away.

"Good luck out there. You'll need it." He said.

"Are you okay? Did he touch you?" Karma asked me, frowning.

"No, I'm okay." I assured him. He slowly nodded before we walked back out to the field. The guys from our class were already lining up. "Seriously though, good luck." I said, honestly a bit worried.

"Thanks." He smiled and pecked my lips before going over to our classmates.

On top of A-class' pole was Asano. There must be a lot riding on this for him because he brought in the foreign exchange students for offense. On our pole was Isogai. Our strategy  was to focus on defense, or so the audience thought.

As soon as the game started, the burley American students ran towards our pole.  Yoshida and Muramatsu had no choice but to charge at them too, but they were easily thrown, literally thrown, towards the bleachers.

The American students continued charging at our pole. "Operation tentacles!" Isogai yelled. Our first layer of defense jumped into the air and attacked the students. Itona then jumped onto the pole and pinned them to the ground.

Asano did nothing but smirk as he ordered his other teammates to charge at us. While two groups of A-class ran for us, our class went in between them towards their pole. A-class had our guys outnumbered two to one and completely surrounded the guys. But we weren't out of ideas yet.

Our guys ran off the playing field and into the bleachers. Technically, there were no rules about boundaries. And it seemed to work. The A-class guys were completely confused and easily avoided. Karma, Isogai and Kimura were the ones they really needed to watch out for.

While A-class was off guard, Yoshida and Muramatsu charged at A-class' pole. The rest of our guys soon followed and attacked the pole at once. Asano simply threw his helmet off snd started kicking our guys off like a martial arts pro. A-class quickly surrounded our guys, but we still had one more secret weapon. "Itona!" Isogai yelled and Itona sprinted towards the pole. Isogai lifted him up and Itona landed at the top of A-class' pole, finally bringing it down, and the smug principal's son with it. "E-class for the win!" Isogai exclaimed and we all cheered.

"My students are so cool! Aren't they cool?!" Koro-sensei snapped dozens of pictures, in cognito, of course. "Look this way please!"

And so Isogai was able to keep his job. He said that if being poor led him to meeting us, then it's all worth it. That's the president of E-class.