Chapter 43 ~ Weakness

Everything was silent as Kaede's body fell to the ground. I sprinted over to her and felt no breath or heartbeat. "Hey, please wake up. Kaede, Akari, wake up!" I cried in a panic. Shiro did nothing but laugh hysterically at the situation.

"What are the odds of having two Yukimura sisters die right in front of me!" He said. "Shall we make it three?"

"You..." I stumbled onto my feet with the intent to kill. To actually kill this time.

"(Y/N)." A dark black tentacle pulled me back. I looked to see Koro-sensei the angriest he's ever been.

"At last your true colors are on full display!" Shiro exclaimed. "But even so, the reaper has one more attack left." Shiro stuck some kind of syringe in the reaper, making him grow stronger and whirl wind around us.

"We need to get out of here!" Nagisa picked up Kaede's body. "While he's distracted!"

"You're serious?" Okuda questioned.

"Living to fight another day is a practical battle tactic." Karma said. "(Y/N)."

"No." I fell to my knees, practically emotionless now. My other half was dead. I honestly couldn't care about anything else anymore.

"Come on." Karma picked me up and ran with the others. I wanted to fight back, but I was too weak, physically, mentally and emotionally.

And so the overpowered reaper attacked the beyond furious Koro-sensei. I honestly thought this was the end, but looking closer, Koro-sensei blocked his attack with a ball of energy.

His body was changing different colors, signifying all his different emotions. He was channeling them all into pure energy. "Treasured pupil, may your graduation help you find peace." Koro-sensei unleashed the energy at the reaper, sending both the reaper and Shiro towards the anti-sensei dome. They were obliterated immediately.

Koro-sensei slowly came towards us as everyone came to our new problem: Kaede's gone. Dead. "Why don't we lay her down." Chiba said.

"I'd rather her cells not come in contact with the soil." Koro-sensei refused.

"Why?" I mumbled.

"Children, I've made mistakes. What's done is done. The past can never be regained or revised." He said. "But if we attend carefully, we can learn how to move forward." Floating above Koro-sensei was a glowing red ball. "I gathered as much of Kaede's blood and cells before she hit the ground."

And so Koro-sensei accurately attached the cells back into Kaede's body. He laid her on the ground softly and after a few minutes, she gasped for air and sat up. My sad tears turned into beyond happy ones as I hugged her for dear life. "You saved me again?" Kaede asked Koro-sensei.

"As many times as necessary." He replied. "Aguri would have done the same."

Everybody happily group-hugged Kaede before we heard a heavy thud. We turned to see the weak Koro-sensei collapsed on the ground. "I am exhausted." He said. He looked spent, but yet happy. "What kind of assassin let's a target linger on the brink?" The red laser in the sky grew bigger, reminding us that the hour had come. "I'm sorry, children, but all good things must come to an end. That's life. That's the nature of the classroom."

"We have to make a decision." Isogai spoke up. "We could leave Koro-sensei's fate up to the government, but let's take a vote. Who here doesn't want to kill him?" All twenty-nine of us raised our hands. "Who wants to kill him?" Slowly, every single hand was raised again. Painfully, we knew what had to be done, how to graduate with honor.

We slowly surrounded our teacher and held down all of his tentacles, exposing his number one weakness. "You can't move like this right?" Nakamura asked.

"Precisely." Koro-sensei answered. "But I can't help but feel you're being a tad bit lax on that grip." Not wanting to, we all pressed Koro-sensei's tentacles further into the ground beneath him.

"Your heart is under your tie, right?" Kataoka  asked. "Which one of us... is gonna..."

We all looked around at each other, desperately hoping someone, anyone would volunteer. Nobody wanted to kill Koro-sensei, but someone had to.

Looking at my fellow classmates' pained expressions, I slowly let go of my teacher's tentacle.

"I'll do it."