Chapter 1

Welcome to book 2 of Karalina and Leonardo's Rollercoaster series.

Book 1:Chosen for Karalina

Book 2: Chosen by Karalina

If you have not read book 1, I would advise you to add it to your library before starting on book 2.
Enjoy the read and hope you enjoy.

〰️Annabelle Pov〰️

Washing my hands from the blood for the past ten minutes as the water runs over it. I can't seem to get the look of Leonardo's face out of my head. I've never seen him in so much agony, as if a bullet was bolted in him... Shutting my eyes I think of how she laid over his body like a shield, I bet she never even hesitated when she jumped infront of that bullet. Stupid, stupid girl.

A tear runs down my cheek I haven't felt for such a long time and yet she was always the one with tears in her eyes. I turn the lever of the tap off, feeling as though the water made no difference. Her blood is on all of our hands.

Opening the door to take leave of this ladies rest room in the private hospital. Leonardo insisted she should come here when he carried her limp, bleeding body to the car. I thought he was losing his mind when he apologized to her sleeping form grinning and crying all at once with promises we all know he can never keep. He is a broken man trying to strengthen what's left of him. But only time will set him free, time he needs to reflect on. Today was surely the best and worst day of his life.

It made me think back to when our handsome Alessandro lost his beautiful Lilly. I pray Leonardo doesn't go through the same pain and hardship, part of me feels Alessandro didn't want to be part of this world anymore in his depression state.

Leonardo is strong, but a woman can be your worst mistake and weakness. Karalina was everything he needed to fill his missing pieces to his puzzle. She made him stronger in actual fact, more driven and protective. Focusing on his, their and the families future.

She made a beautiful bride, even though she insisted on that dress, revealing her bump to the world. But that is what her personality was like. She had nothing to hide, an open book if I ever read one. Explains all the blabbering she did when I sat on the patio. I don't know how Leonardo developed the patience, he never did practice it with others.

Leonardo will not be pleased if he found out about me informimg the reporter about today's big celebration. All I wanted was for the press to steer away from him for a little while, it seemed Antonio's job was getting harder trying to keep them and our name out of the papers. I might have added a little white lie and said he is a family man now, and that is where his focus will be in the future.

He will surely blame himself for this I can tell, but I wish he wouldn't be so hard on himself. Watching him from the bench as he hunches over leaning against the wall squatting, hair bunched up in his hands. You would never say this was the same man four hours ago at his wedding reception oozing confidence and power through the crowd.

"Demarco?" A man in a white coat looks around the room. Obviously the doctor. He doesn't wait very long before Leonardo jumps up and takes long quick strides to hear what he has to say. Finally catching a glimpse of his face, he looks like the devil himself full of anger and rage with a sadness in his red eyes of the crying. All my children stand from their seats along with Juan and Pedro, the man who thinks is her father. Bless his soul. The doctor has a look of concern, explaining with his hands for emphasis, I presume.

"Excuse me?" I hear Leonardo breathe out. This could not be a good sign. The doctor tries to repeat himself, but Leonardo lifts the doctor up from the ground and bangs his body against the wall.

"Leo, shit, someone help the poor man." I hear mutters around me.

Michele is by Leonardo side to calm him down. But he doesn't let go of the poor doctor, even I shake my head in pity. "Don't ever tell me that again. Do. You understand me? You go back in there, and you do everything you focking can!!" He says exasperated.

The doctor nods his head and Leonardo lowers his small body to the ground so he can scurry back behind the doors where our Karalina's body lies.

"What did he say?" Pedro asks the question we all eager to know the answer to.

Leonardo glances in Pedro's direction, but doesn't answer him, instead he turns on his heel and kicks the dust bin so hard it flies across the waiting area. People gasp, except for the family. They are all too familiar with his temper he tries so little to compose. I watch as Leonardo strides through a passage.

"Where are you going?" Antonio decides to call after him.

Leonardo doesn't turn around but cusses in frustration "Vaffanculo."
(Go fock yourself)

After ten minutes of waiting. I notice Miguel walking in the waiting area. Please God we do not need another body in need for medical attention right now. Before he can walk any further into the area I decide to save his life and tell him to hit the jets.

"Miguel." I greet the poor boy as I approach him.

"Annabelle" He nods to me looking over my shoulder, clearly looking out for Leonardo.

"Maybe you shouldn't be here, it's not safe right now for you." I say trying my best to seem as polite as possible.

He laughs at me. The nerve of this boy. "I can really tell where Leonardo gets his confidence from. Don't worry it's a compliment.. To you, of course."

"I am in no mood to entertain you right now. Please leave." I turn on my heel, but stop abruptly.

"Actually, your son called for me. I'm just following orders." He says and the wheels in my head are turning so fast.

I point to the direction he went to absent minded ly. Miguel strolls down the passage, but gives my boys behind me a slight glare, I didn't like.

"What's he doing here?" Joey asks.

"Dealing with the mess, it seems." I quip.

〰️Miguel Pov〰️

Leonardo looks like shit hunched over like that. His white shirt covered in blood, messy hair, he looks like death, just sitting on a bench staring out the window clenching his jaw, probably planning some crazy plan again. His knuckles are white of squeezing the bench beside his knees. I was surprised when he told me to come see him at the hospital.

"Hey" I try to get his attention.

He doesn't look my way, but motions for me to come closer with two fingers as he stares out the window.

"We have him." I inform Leonardo.

"Good. That's good." His voice hoarse.

"What do you want us to do with him?" I ask softly.

"Nothing." He surprises me by saying that. His never not doing anything as revenge.

"Nothing? So just keep him there?" I confirm

"Mhm.. Nothing. Don't talk to him. Don't touch him. Don't do anything. Don't acknowledge him. Don't feed him. Anything."

"Okay. Anything else?" I ask cooly.

"If he does ask for food or something to drink. Let him know. He will eat when she wakes up." He says calmly.

I nod my head praising God that she might still make it.