Chapter 7

It was finally Vera and Michele's wedding day. They looked so happy and Vera sure made a beautiful bride. I couldn't believe the amount of people attended were more then half of my list. The place looked  beautiful, amazing at best obviously everything turned out great with all the decor and setting outside in the same area I was shot at just over three months ago. Note the sarcasm.

I find myself staring through the window at the same spot from inside the kitchen feeling uneasy about going back there again. I've been home at the Demarcos mansion for over two months now, going back and forth to the hospital checking up on Sienna and Mirabella. They growing so fast and have progressed so much. No more scares and no more operations. Just another two weeks and we out of here.

"Pappa." Enzo says beside me at the table.

"No." I tell him. "We staying here, e piu sicuro." I whisper the last part.
(it's safer.)

"Are you trying to scare him?" I turn to see Antonio behind me and I let out a sigh of relief it's just him.

"We just taking a break from this" I motion to the garden

"Leonardo's looking for you. He seems tense." Antonio says with his hands in his pocket straightening his shoulders. Me and Leonardo have not spoken since he told me about a husband I had.

"Probably because everyone's on his case about not giving up on the family." I say annoyed.

Ever since he told them he will be a bystander. Whatever that means, his parents and brothers can't really accept it.. It turned out to be a massive argument at the dinner table again and Leonardo, well he seemed like he was between a rock and a hard place.

He went to New York again for two weeks. I think his just avoiding me, it should be the other way around you'd think. But he doesn't talk to me at all. I'm starting to feel really shit and unwanted by him.

"It's a big thing his doing for you. I hope you realize that when things get tough again." Antonio says looking upset.

I turn my entire body on the stool confused, narrowing my eyes at him skeptically. "Whats that supposed to mean?"

He shrugs. "I'm just saying. His throwing everything away for you and the woman who raised me is going to have her work cut out for her. Her other sons aren't strong enough, they not ready for this life.."

"Then they should just all quit or go legitimate." I lift my hands in the air.

"Do you really think his going to be happy living a nine to five job, the all American dream? He only knows this life, he was raised with this lifestyle. It's in his blood.."

"Good for him. Did he send you hear to tell me that?"

"No." He says nervously. "Look, if he leaves he will owe dangerous people alot of money with the deals he canceled. They don't want to work with anyone of the brothers. Because they already earned his trust, we just need a little time for him to stay here.."

"Well we leaving soon. We basically already packed, we just need clearance from the hospital." I say shutting down his plans.

He chuckles and I notice Leonardo coming from behind him. Wow he looks so good in that suit, I miss him so much. But I can't believe he kept an entire freaken husband from me. I can't let this go.

A small smile plays on his lips as our eyes meet. He probably noticed me ogling him. I don't know when was the last time his even looked at me. He glances over to Enzo, who is so into playing with his toy car. It's been hell, I want to apologize for digging information on this guy, but clearly there's alot I don't know if Leonardo had just revealed I was married. That's a big deal, even though the guy wants nothing to do with me anymore.