Chapter 44

〰️Chad Pov〰️

"Hi, I'm a guest." I tell the guy at the front of the closed doors.

He eyes me up and down. "Name." I'm about to give a fake name. "And I.D."

My mouth closes. "I don't have it in this suit. But you could call Karalina Demarco. She's a friend of mine." I assure him.

"I don't think so, buddy." This guy chuckles at me.

I chuckle at myself and turn on my heel. I could get in that conference hall if I wanted to, well if I wanted to sneak around. It's not like I don't know this place inside out.

When I heard about this party for Leonardo and Lina I had to be here. Something doesn't feel right. Lina seemed out of place and uncomfortable in Leonardo's hold when he placed his arm around her at their freaken mansion. These people were swimming in money.

I need to get her alone to check if she's really happy and okay around him. Especially after seeing him leave from Monas hotel room last week makes me query their marriage even more.

I was never going to let Zach visit. I wanted to check up on Lina and see for myself how she was doing, seeing that her possessive husband didn't allow her any friends. Also, Lauren's mother told me to investigate further into Linas life, apparently Karalinas name kept popping up everywhere.

Penny is obsessed with figuring things out which seems fishy to her. I think she just loves a scandal, or she's taken her job to a whole other level.

So saying Zach could visit if I saw where he would be staying at was my only way to see Lina. Lauren would've never allowed it. She loathed the guy and any gang related issues back home, so imagine sending our son to the mafias den. She'd probably roll over in her coffin.

Just thinking about it irks me, still can't believe she's gone. Her mother keeps calling. Saying they trying to investigate in her murder and something doesn't fit right. I honestly feel she should just let it go and let her rest in peace. It's enough I struggle to sleep at night just thinking about her.

I see her everywhere. Woman walk around with the same hair color and I imagine it's her even though I know it's not. I picture her playing in the park with a child who resembles our son. I see her grocery shopping or walking on the streets. I stop imagining and snap out of it as soon as they turn and their faces comes into view.

"Hey." One of the chefs greet me as I slide through the kitchen of the hotels hall. "When you leaving?"

"Hey. Few days." I hastily answer making my way through the kitchen leading to the decorated hall. The chef nods his head in a proud motion.

Entering the hall I try to see anyone familiar who might recognize me. Funny enough I spot Mona on the other end behind a crowd of people, wearing a lace mask.

I need to ask Leonardo what's going on between the two of them and if their is something, I will give him an opportunity to stop their little affair or unfortunately he leaves me no choice, but to tell Lina. It's only right. She's my friend. Lauren would want me to do something about her friend being cheated on. Maybe Lina knows, hence her cold aura towards Leonardo.

Walking over to Mona I see her staring at a group of ladies dancing on a make shift dance floor. My eyes immediately fall on a woman with a white dress and mask to match covering half of her face with a lace covering almost her entire face showing her red lipstick smiling so wide. She immediately reminds me of Lauren the way she moves her curvy body. Though this woman is a bit more curvy at the hips, but you can just tell how beautiful she is under that mask.