Chapter 30

Present time

I felt horrible when I heard Leonardo on the other side of the phone, his pained voice full of exhaustion and here I am complaining about him not being home when his trying to reunite me with my son.

His right, I am a selfish disrespectful bitch. I wish I could show him how much he means to me rather then have him live in doubt, all this time I never knew how my past has been affecting him.

My only wonder was how had he made contact with Chad and why wouldn't he tell me. Does Chad know about everything. Should I tell Leonardo I heard his conversation when he called me by accident? He would probably call me nosey again.

So here I was, waiting in bed at 12am wearing my new lingerie set I got as a wedding gift from Tally of course, which I never had the pleasure of wearing yet, or any of my lingerie pieces.

I know Leonardo is downstairs, probably drinking lying back on the sunbed near the pool out back. I heard him coming in yelling for Sonny. Hopefully the kids weren't disturbed.

I put on my silver silk robe and pull the belt tight around my waist as I make my way downstairs. I'm about to go out onto the patio when I here murmuring coming from down the passage close to his office. I place my ear against his office door and hear Leonardo raising his voice in an commanding tone I know all too well. Who comes to your house this time of the night?

I'm about to go back upstairs, but another voice comes through the door on a speaker phone he has in his office for meetings held here, but rarely happens. I take it his alone, good.

I decide to open the door and Leonardo comes into view behind the 10 seated table eying me up and down scowling and clearly unimpressed to see me.

I notice all eyes on me from atleast 15 other men in the room. Lenny moves his hands infront of him as if to show his closing his jacket multiple times. I look at him confused until he moves his eyes down to my breast and I look down to a glimpse of my provocative corset.

"Sorry." I say covering myself and Leonardo looks as if his fuming. Turning on my heel I notice one of the guys holding a picture of Joey battered and bruised. "What is that?" I ask the older man entering further into the room and nearing him to get a better view.

Leonardo let's out a growl. "Karalina, can you focking leave!?"

I'm taken a back, but quickly recover knowing exactly what his doing since our conversation this morning. "Really?" I ask with sass and I can tell the men bowing their heads or looking in the other direction. "You expect me to leave after seeing Joey's face on this picture? What happened to him?" I look around the room. "Where the hell is he?"

Leonardo stands up pushing his chair to the back. Antonio stands up, but Lenny pulls him back down. I step back as Leonardo storms towards me and grabs my arm pushing me out the door with him. He bangs the door closed as we exit the room.

"What the fock is wrong with you!?" He growls out at me. I cross my arms over my chest. "And what the hell are you wearing, coming in there like that?" He whisper yells in my face.

"I didn't know." I say covering myself with this stupid silk robe, which keeps slipping. "Where's Joey, Leonardo?" I step closer to him and his eyes seem so far away.

"I don't know." He says. "He was taken, they beat him up and sent pictures."

"What? Who?" I feel the tears coming.

"I'm waiting for a call to confirm who's behind it. Go back to bed, I'll find him." He tries to reassure me.

"You want me to go to bed after you just told me Joey was kidnapped? No, I'm sitting in that room with you to find out who's behind this and then we going to go get him back." I say sternly.