Chapter 22

〰️Leonardo Pov〰️

"Lenny, I beg you to not fock with me today. I am not in the mood." I grind on my teeth at him as we sit in the restaurant along with five other guys standing around us. This being my first day back in actual work after three months, I didn't intend on coming in today. I actually planned this romantic surprise for Karalina.

"Boss, come on chill." Lenny says casually. Maybe I should excuse him for Karalinas outburst on him last time he came by 1am in the morning with a case of emergency. I did not expect her to be so vicious.

"Chill? you want me to focking chill after 3 million just disappeared. Poof! gone. And you only tell me this now!!" I yell at him.

"We can fix this this. We would've fixed it without you even knowing." He chuckles trying to amuse me. "And then tell you the funny story after it was all sorted." Lenny says leaning back slightly in his seat.

I would've actually never learnt any of this if Angelo hadn't called to let me know. What he was doing that time on the streets? I had no clue and I don't think I want to know. Seems this place doesn't  know anything about respecting territory rules. They would have to learn the hard way I guess.

"Did you forget who you focking talking to Lenny? I get a call at 3 in the morning to inform me about how my guys were robbed with cash and shipment. Breakfast came and gone in my household, my son was taken to school, my daughter said Dada for the first time. It was a joyful moment, but what still itched me in my ass was the fact that Lenny had still not called to let me know he lost 3 million in 3 seconds." I seethe out.

I look over to the guy Todd, who focked up the drop. "Please don't kill me." He almost cries with his eerily skinny face. "I can fix this." he exclaims.

I grin. "Of course I won't kill you."

"You won't." He says surprised with a smile.

"That would be stupid of me." I look around the room at the rest of the guys standing as they huddle around in the corner of the restaurant. They all seem pretty chuffed.

"Thanks." He almost beams.

"No problem." I shrug "Besides, how else will you be able to pay me back?" I grin at him.

His face immediately falls. "That's alot of money. What do you want me to do? Rob a bank?"

I make as if I'm considering this "So then that's what you'll do, maybe Angelo over here can help you on surveillance." We all look to Angelo who is currently fixated on his laptop screen sitting at a table not far from us.

Todd looks at me shocked "What?" He asks "You want me to rob a bank?"

I give him a crooked smirk "I can't take all the credit. It was your idea." I say calling Joey over with my two fingers. Lord knows I need another pain pill. "Enjoy your day gentleman. Hope to see you and my money in a week. Now leave." I say and four guys along with Todd leaves the table looking more miserable then what they looked like before this meet up started. I could've been home planning a perfect surprise.

Karalina has been doing a great job promoting and marketing the store to her potential clientele. She even striked up a deal with some of the schools, which leaves her already with a one year commitment with them and a one year guarantee she will be open for business. If this goes as great as it is now or better, she will be in business possibly forever. Leaving me with a major headache, forever.

The other damper I have is when she starts bringimg up her son, Zach, every chance she gets. Apparently, now she wants to turn the sun room, which I had no idea we had. Or I had no idea that's what she called it. I thought she just sat in there with the kids to play with them. This room, not far from our bedroom she wants to get a plan written up to build walls so it can be made into a bedroom for Zach. Which I have no problem with. The problem is, getting the kid there without causing major havoc for Antonio and my father.