Chapter 27

Waking up the next morning after a  beautiful evening I stretch out in my bed for the first time after a long time feeling at peace, until when I turned on my back and felt a sting on my ass. I want to query with Leonardo about how hard he pinched me, but when I turn to see the man I love. His gone as always.

I let out a frustrated sigh when I see it's 10am in the morning and he hadn't even bothered to wake me up. Even though it's Saturday. I planned and hoped he could help with the kids swimming today. It's not like I can hold both babies and make sure Enzo doesn't drown.

I put on a robe and make my way to my babies. "Aaaww my loves. Whatcha doing. Whatcha doing?" I watch the girls squeal in their cots and I frown noticing they already in bathing costumes. "Let's get you ladies set for the day."

After a late breakfast. I decide to call Leonardo and on the sixth ring he finally answers. "Ciao."

"Ciao? Really?"

"Hey baby, can I call you back?"

"No! What the fock Leonardo!? Where the hell are you?"

He clears his throat on the other side of the line. "Sorry baby something came up. I didn't want to wake you. I'll be home soon."

"You could've atleast sent me a message. It's the weekend." I feel like a whiny girlfriend again.

"It doesn't work that way, business, you know how it goes. I'll be home soon. Love you."

"Leonardo are you kidding me right now?"

"I wish I was. I'll make it up to you, I swear it."

"Yeah you always do." I say and he let's out a sigh. "Bye Leonardo." I say

"Ciao Mi amore." But before I end the call I hear Leonardo's voice again. "So about that promotion." He says clearly to someone else and the call ends.

I lay back on the bed thinking about my options for today and decide I might as well do the swimming thing after their nap.

Me and Enzo start up lunch after I got  dressed in my bakini.. I plan to have our lunch on the patio while Anny gets the girls ready for our swim.

Reaching out my hand to open up the mirror finishing fridge I notice someone wearing a suit in the reflection coming into view and then hiding behind the wall as quick as they spotted me. I look down at my bronze crochet bakini considering to cover up incase smokey gets the wrong idea. I shrug- this is my house, I'm allowed to feel comfortable in it.

After plating everything I notice a sleeve of a jacket behind the wall. "Seriously?" I sigh.

Tip toeing towards the wall. I put my finger to my lip for Enzo to quiet down and he giggles as he watches me walking quietly to find our peeper.

Shocked at the perpetrator. "What the hell? Leonardos not here." I say abruptly and turn back to my task.

"I know." Antonio says nervously. "I actually came to speak to you."

I place my hand on my hip. "Speak" I gesture to him with my other hand.

"Can you at least dress you first?" He asks eying me uncomfortably up and down.

"It's a bathing costume!"

"Really? It's... It's very" He struggles to find the words as he takes in my appearance. "Uhm."

"Are you seriously checking me out right now?" I ask.

"No, look I just want to talk. Things haven't been cool between us lately, you've been avoiding me, and dismissing me every chance you get. You need to know how much I cared about you."