Chapter 32

〰️Karalina Lopez Pov〰️

"Lina, you can't fock this up, okay?" Antonio, my brother tells me for the umpteenth time since I left China three days ago. It's really not necessary for him to use such foul language with me. It seems the closer we got to New York, the more agitated he became with this task.

I nod my head in understanding and continue looking around the beautiful yellow and green decorated suite that is Lauren's quarters of the mansion in Italy according to Leonardo, the devil himself.

I remember him all too well, he was handsome since a young age, but he was consumed with anger all the while we would enjoy innocent games and conversation. He would beat up boys and influence Antonio the same way he does now.

I almost feel sorry for my brother, but it seems his a sucker for punishment. He was a sucker for Leonardo, the Demarco family in fact, then there was my father he couldn't deny and last Lauren Morgan. My best friend, a true sister if I ever had to, I'd choose her. Antonio was smitten no matter how hard he tried to hide it, but when it came to me he knew what he had to do. I had my doubts thinking he wanted her all to himself, but he wouldn't do that. Would he?

I actually don't regret what we did to her now, at first I did. I love her, but I would've lost all sanity after working so hard to bring my life on track mentally.. I knew she would understand once her memory came back, but apparently no such luck.

I have regrets for Lauren losing out on her family time, but they can soon reunite and she can end this joke of a marriage with Leonardo. That's what Antonio promised me and I believe him. He never let's anyone down, that's the thing about him. Antonio says when Lauren gets back home I should act none the wiser. Apparently Leonardo has it all covered. I still don't trust Leonardo, I don't even trust my own father, especially since he put me and my sister in crazy predicaments at a young age.

I hear giggling immediately recognizing that sound I heard so often in South Africa when she was around the people she loved and cared about. The last time I heard that sound was in Italy when we went out one night and met up with Selena and a few of her guards Antonio knew. Funny how everyone loves being linked to each other. Nobody had their separate lives, I guess that's what you get when you live between the dangers of the world, which I so desperately want to get away from.

I stand to my feet as the giggling becomes louder, hardly containing my anxiety levels which has risen to a dangerous level that my heart starts beating faster.

A smile spreads across my face when I see her big smile and covered eyes. "You so corny, which is worse then you being cheesy." She says smiling, but my smile falls a bit as Leonardo holds her eyes closed with his hands smiling down at her with amusement. How is this even okay? I feel like she's cheating on Chad.

Leonardo turns to me, probably picking up on my disappointment and he gives me a grimace to kill as if he can't stand seeing my face.

He removes his hands slowly from her eyes and she flutters her eyes open taking in her surroundings. Her smile slowly fades and her chest visibly rises and falls. I can't contain myself any longer, my legs practically run towards Lauren and I engulf her in a hug. "Lauren." I squeal out and I can feel my emotions going crazy as I hold her tighter. She seems stiff and doesn't embrace me the way she normally would and then I remember Antonio saying I shouldn't overwhelm her, especially with my blunt personality. I pull back to see her dumbfounded expression looking over to Leonardo behind her and back at me with a forced smile. "I'm sorry, I just... I can't believe."

"It's okay." She says. "So you..." She scoffs. "It's so weird to call you Karalina."

"Oh no, you called me Lina, so that's what I go by.. Well to anyone who matters at least." I shrug smiling.