Chapter 17

"Kara, he is going to kill me. You had to see his face. He was literally trying to kill his own guys for letting you leave the house, they didnt even do anything and I was the one who did. Fock! I need to call Vitali, he can get me out of this. When you said emergency, I didn't think it would come to this. Actually, I did. The guys crazy."

"Sorry" I whine out with praying hands infront of me. "I'll be out of here in a few minutes."

"I think it's better if you stay here until you go back home, it's safer. Atleast I'll have piece of mind that you safe."

"No." I protest "It's better if I just stay in the hotel. I don't want you to get into trouble."

"Hotels aren't really safe. You should call him. End this craziness, people are searching everywhere."

"Thanks for the fake ID and the cash. I'll pay you back, I really needed it." I say changing the subject.

"Leonardo will find you, Kara. You know that right?"

I close my eyes briefly sighing and think again about what I'm actually doing right now. I just need to get away. He clearly never got my letter in our bedroom saying I just need some time away from everything. Kind of like an adventure with the kids, or perhaps he did and my reasoning are just not enough for him to understand as I thought it would, hence why I basically ran away. I will just face the consequences when I get back home.

I shouldn't have sent 5 million to Chad. But I noticed the movement in salary from all his bank statements I requested today. It's amazing what information you can get from friends in high places. The reason I needed it was to check how many other months he worked at that restaurant. But then it just made me depressed.

From the time I went missing it shows he was struggling with bills and with Zach, I felt so responsible for everything. We were obviously partners in everything we did and we never struggled with bills before until I went missing.

I mean I had over 57 million in my account just lying here now.

I don't know how I'm going to explain this to Leonardo. He will understand, I mean he wastes money all the time. He has watches that cost more then that.

Chad needs the money. He works away from our child to provide for him, it showed he was behind on the house payments too. I hope he doesn't query this transfer from the bank. He should just take it as a blessing from God and live with it. I really wish I could see my boy too. So much is going on in my head.

Glancing over at Enzo sit at the table with his coloring book, he colors in a car with his red crayon so peaceful and I hope Leonardo has big dreams for him the way I do and not allow him to walk in the same footsteps of the mafia like his father did him. My head snaps in the rooms direction of Sienna moaning for her bottle again. "I'll be right back." I say.

Siennas light hazel green eyes are wide open looking up at me as she lays on the bed next to a content Maribella. I give Sienna her bottle and look over at Maribella. "You know you look just like him, which is okay I guess. I mean your dad's pretty good looking. That's why I fell in love with him, and his charming words, and his lies and secrets." I trail off getting upset with myself for thinking about him. I sigh out loud and all of sudden I think I smell his scent and deep inside I'm hoping it's just my imagination, but when I feel a hand on my waist. I close my eyes and know it's him.

"Did you miss me, baby?" He sounds like a complete sociopath in my ear with his front flushed against my back. My stomach flips a bit and I try to contain my nerves before speaking.

"I was just going to call you." I lie.

"You were?" He fakes surprise

"Of course." I shrug.