Chapter 36

The girls birthday party was everything Annabelle had ever longed for... In Italy.

These few days have been nerve wrecking.. My operation was a simple procedure which healed in a day, not even a cut on me, just a small sting.

They finally found the rat. Some guy.. Jay something. I actually grew to like him. Well he was a really good actor, I must say. He blended in with the rest of the guys, we even asked him to connect the big screen to our phone. He was handy. Poor thing.

And then there were all these clippings and news broadcasts on the Demarco family making me feel afraid. It was literally all over the internet, I was worried I might never see Zach now with the way things were going and especially after hearing what Chad had said the last time about not wanting Zach around gangsterism. I wonder what Leonardo would do next.

I'm glad Leonardo's back though, the first thing I did when he got in the shower was check his phone. It's not something I normally do, and I'm not proud of it. But thinking back to moments before he left back to New York, after taking me home from the hospital. Leonardo said goodbye so casually like I was a old friend of his. Not with his normal kiss goodbye and embrace. Maybe it was because Lina was in the room, or the fact that he had so much on his mind, but he never greeted me the way he usually does.

I was almost relieved when he ran back in the room running my way. Almost, because he bypassed me to grab his phone he forgot seconds ago, and at the same time when looking down to his phone on the bedside an incoming message from Mona came through. -I'm at the spot. It read. Leonardo left the room again staring at his phone without greeting me or sparing me a glance.

I wasn't sure what to make of it, does she need more money? Why do they have a spot? Where the fock is this spot? And why don't we have a spot?.. All these questions were running through my mind, but the worst question I asked myself.. Would he cheat on me? Would he have an affair? Would he leave me for her?.. I think the last question was the worst. I was busy torturing myself over this for hours until he gave me hope.

He never gave anything away though. Leonardo was sure to call me and say everything I wanted to hear. Of course I asked him about the text and he said "If you thinking what I think you are, I'm hurt you would think that low of me." And he was right, Leonardo was many things, but I don't think he will cheat on me. "She has information I need." He said, and I believe him. "I hope you understand, Karalina, you need to know I only have eyes for you." He said.

Lina noticed my sudden change in mood over the past few days, so I confided in her. She was supposedly my best friend after all. "I don't think he will cheat on you." She surprisingly said to me one night and I mean she loathes the guy.

Lina is truelly a good friend to me and I love how she interacts with the children. It almost makes me want her to never leave back to China. She's lonely there anyway, she doesn't have any friends. Says Antonio said it's best this way... I wish Lina would give uncle a chance, his not that bad of a guy. He was good to me.

Leonardo gets annoyed with her though. Like now.. His glaring holes into Lina's head for sitting beside me at the breakfast table, where he normally takes his seat. I can tell on everyone's amused faces around the table they are well aware of Leonardo's mood. Especially since he slept in the guest room last night after coming home to discover Lina asleep next to me along with Sienna and Mirabella.

"What time does the party start?" Juan asks trying to break the ice.

"At 1 o clock." Lina answers for me and Juan gives her a small smile.

"Of course you would answer." Leonardo says before taking a bite of his croissant.

"Basta." I tell him.
(enough.)