Chapter 35

〰️Leonardo Pov 〰️

After taking three steps at a time up those stairs leading to my wing of the mansion I run to my bedroom moving the nightstand from the wall revealing a push button I gladly press while the four men behind me look at me bewildered, well except for Angelo. His too busy admiring the cream and gold decorations around him. I hear the sound of the lock opening and run to the closet pushing back Karalinas side of the shelf revealing the hidden space leading to our hide out.

My heart stops when I see darkness, knowing she's not in here. I walk in the dark room space defeated, I'm about to turn on my heel when I smell something off. I feel for the switch bringing light between the warm walls and at the bottom of the stairs Karalina stands with a gun in hand aiming up to me. She let's out a breath dropping the gun when she sees me.

"Karalina." I step quickly down the 14 steps to grab her face and pull her to me. "You're okay. You safe." But she surprisingly pulls away from me causing confusion to take over my features I'm sure.

She runs to the children side and I join her immediately checking if they are okay. "We need to get to a doctor, Sienna is burning up so badly. I don't know what to do, here's no supplies for her." She states hastily and to the point without any emotion.

"Okay okay. Doc is here. He can help her." I say and she nods gathering the children together as Lina nervously helps her. "What's that smell?" I ask pulling up my nose in disgust.

"It's shit!" Karalina yells with a glare as she passes by me.

Her angry mood obviously never went unnoticed, probably at the situation she was put in. But then I look at Lina sporting a knock on the head. She bows her head down looking at her feet avoiding eye contact with me and I immediately know this bitch had something to do with Karalinas mood being extra curt with me. "Did you say something to her Lina?" I ask softly.

She looks up at me with fear in her eyes. She doesn't answer me, but I know the answer.

"Fock." I cuss out.

I try to catch up with Karalina before she has the chance to blow everything out of proportion and throws a dramatic scene, like she does so well, but Antonio stops me in my tracks. "Juan wants to see you, urgently." He says pointedly, my annoyance has rised considering going to his office or checking on my daughters health...

Sitting down in the seat opposite my Padre with a migraine I can't seem to shake off, I wait for him impatiently to start speaking.

"Let's skip formalities shall we?" Padre says and I can tell his serious when he straightens his posture with folded hands on his desk laid out infront of him. "You are losing focus." I'm caught off guard and I'm surprisingly offended by his blunt words.

"I'm not."

"Moving your family to new York was a bad idea, you've clearly lost your mind in this honeymoon phase, which needs to end. Business needs to grow and your brothers need to grow alomg with it. Buying buildings and hotels are honestly not cutting it. The family is growing."

"I have a shipment coming in to make up for the silly losses if that's what you worried about, just because you don't see how much money comes in, doesn't mean it's not there." I try to defend my case. I'm shocked to say the least this conversation is happening. "Is this because of me losing my temper earlier?"

He chuckles. "No, you get it from your madre, so I can't blame you." But then his smile falters and he leans in further to the table clasping his hands tighter together. "You not focused." He says again sternly looking me in the eyes.

I take a sharp breath considering my next words. "What do you want from me?" I breathe out.

"We need you to move back to Jersey, Lenny and Antonio can control New York like they have been doing all this time while you enjoyed your vacation."