Chapter 29

〰️Leonardo Pov〰️

Early the previous day

"Let Karalina sleep in a bit longer today. She seems tired." I order Anny and Greta.

Last night was the only time I could insert that chip. Though I'm not proud of the way it was done, then again I'm not proud of many things I did when it came to this family for their safety and security.

There's no way Karalina will find that chip in her ass cheek, it was the only way. Though she was curious about the red 'bite marks' on the kids. I brushed it off and told her must have been a spider bite, which caused her to freak out even more.

"Sir, should I get the kids bathing costumes ready?" Greta asks and I cringe at the manner she addresses me with.

"Yeah, sure." I say eating my toast. Karalina planned this swimming thing we should do together. She read about family bonding and baby swimming in some book one of these damn neighbors were reading. I honestly can't stand being around them.

My phone rings and I contemplate on answering the unfamiliar number flashing on my screen. "Ciao." I say into the phone.

"Hi. May I speak to Leonardo Demarco, please?" The voice asks and I halt as fury starts to build up. I'd recognize this polite piece of shit fock face anywhere.

Standing up from the stool I look down as Mirabella yelps when my shoe steps on her little finger. "Oh shit." I mutter. "Sorry, yes it's him." I say as I pick Mirabella up. She immediately calms down and lays her head on my shoulder.

"Sorry, is this is a bad time? It's Chad, Chad Morgan" He reminds me as if I couldn't focking forget him.

"No, it's fine." I say walking to the lounging area, but notice Sienna grabbing for the stand holding a vase, my eyes go wide. "Sienna baby!" I yell running to stop her.

"Uhm." Chad's voice reminding me his still on the line.

"Hold on" I say quickly "Jesus, where the f.. Where is Greta?" I say reminding myself not to cuss infront of the kids.

"Here I am, Sir."

"Greta." I turn to the voice behind me with my phone still in hand. "Take these two girls, please and do your focking job. Does Karalina do everything around here that she can't even sleep in?" I ask her and she stares at me wide eyed. "I stepped on Mirabellas fingers, put some ice on it. Sienna over here almost had a vase fall atop her head. Imagine that on our watch? Karalina will eat us alive. And Enzo.. Where is that boy?" I ask.

"G-Getting ready to go swimming." She says.

"Hello?" The voice from the phone reminds me his there and I place it to my ear while gesturing dramatically for Greta to get to the ice.

"Hi, what can I do for you?" I ask Chad letting out a sigh.

"Crazy morning in the Demarco household I see." Chad says.

"Always, where did you get my number?" I ask him. Most of my men doesn't even have my number to begin with so how the hell did he get it.

He chuckles. "I kind of found it on Salvos laptop." And I ball up my fists in frustration.

"I'm kind of busy, is there something that you wanted?" I rush out.

"Sorry, I just wanted to say thanks for the evening. Not that I remember much after you left, but I have to decline your job offer." He says slowly.

"What? Why?" I say getting ready to go upstairs and dress me.

"I just can't. I'm on a contract with Reggie and I didn't think it through. I had too much to drink and it was a haste decision, but thank you so much."