Chapter 24

〰️Chad Pov〰️

This is a good distraction from everything that's been going on for the past few months. Taking such a long break from working was not a good idea, I started going to the bottle again to drain out my grief.

The family thought I needed a hella intervention, which I did. Zach was my priority, unfortunately I started losing sight of what should be important in our future lives and not in our past. I almost lost focus on him while being fixated on a idea of Lauren and not her resting soul I can't seem to let go of just yet, which is okay. According to the therapist.

In the process of her revealed death a lawyer came forward with a will, which confused the shit out of me. There had been a trust set out for us I had no idea she even planned worth over a million, and then a few months ago Karalina sent us a freaken 5 million, which was meant for Zach if anything were to happen to me and Lauren, Karalina was to issue this money. Doesn't make sense at all for Lauren to make her the beneficiary and not her parents.

"Mr. Morgan, where would you like me to put these?" The receptionist asks me smiling way too wide.

I give an apologetic smile. "Please don't call me that." she blushes slightly. "Chad will do."

"Sorry, Chad." She says glancing at my wedding ring and then back up to my face.

"You can call one of the stewards to take those up to the 9th floor. I noticed there aren't any."

"Wow, what an eye." She says

"It's my job, which you should probably get to." I say bluntly and watch her nod coming out of her trance she was just in.

Turning towards the bar area which is starting to clear, thank goodness, I needed the barmen to fill up. I have to speak to the boss too. He trained me for a while, but lately seems so distracted. I couldn't help but notice his handwriting on one of the invoices, it looks alot like Lauren's with those sketching on the side as if he got distracted or something. Then again everything takes me back to her.

"Hope you enjoyed your stay" I turn to one of the guests leaving. They spent quite a bit on their bill and tipped quite generously. Listening to them talk about how they enjoyed their stay and they will definitely see us in a few months for business as the guy winks at me for being discrete at the kind of relationship he really had with his 'business partner'.

I was about to continue my mission at the bar when I saw a guy standing in a tailor made suite. You can tell it's expensive. Definitely Tom Ford, Hugo boss or some Expensive brand. I know the type. He doesn't seem to come any closer to the reception area. It's as if his perfect shiny shoes won't move towards me, but would prefer if I did the honors.. Maybe he wants to enquire about something. I start approaching him to see if I can assist in any way. He seems closed off, not really approachable at all as he clasps his hands over each other infront of him and I notice the ring on his pinky finger and of course he has a Rolex on his arm. Should I approach him? Now that I take him in he looks kind of agrivated, but I live for this type of thing.

Walking towards him with a slight smile. I'm five feet away when he surprises me "Ciao" He says. Italian?

"Good day, sir. Welcome to the Belle Hotel." I say and his brows furrow "Is there anything I could assist you with?" I ask, like I do any guest.

He zones in on my face confused. "Sorry." He grins. "You work here?"

Wow. Was it not obvious? "Yes, sir. Can I be of any assistance?"

"You work here? At this hotel?" He points to the ground.

"Yes." Is all I manage to say. Is this guy okay in the head I almost feel sorry for him.