Chapter 13

〰️Leonardo Pov〰️

Stopping to take a breather from my run as I near the house. My mind running a mile about all this shit. Mamma has been calling me non stop about Antonio, wanting me to forgive him as usual. Seems like I've been doing that alot lately. How could I forgive him for pulling this shit to Karalina, to my family.

If Karalina hadn't told me about those pills I would've never known the truth about them. He confessed with his own mouth he had been giving her pills to eliminate her memories from being regained. Mixed with alcohol, she's a focking mess. The thought of her using them while she was pregnant could've caused so much damage. We already have shit to deal with when it comes to their health. Could it be one of the reasons, other then prematurity?

I continue my run and notice the ladies gossiping as I approach. The houses are quite a distance from each other, but somehow they seem to love each other's company that much. "Ciao" I greet them back as they smile and send their greeting to Karalina, like they do every single focking day. It's like 7am. Shouldn't they be making breakfast? Putting in lunches for their kids? Anything.

Ready to climb the stairs I hear laughing from the kitchen and decide to face Karalina first. "Buongiorno." I say.

She looks over to me and I can tell she's trying to read my mood. "Morning." She gives me the briefest awkward smile I've ever seen on her.

I make my way to her as she pours Enzo juice in his plastic cup. "I'm. Sorry about last night." I say softly putting my hand on her shoulder.

"Can we talk about this later?" She mimics my tone as she looks over at a curious Enzo.

"Yeah. We still on for 11?" I ask trying to seem excited.

"You know it." She smiles at me as I walk backwards watching her.

"Can't wait for you to blow my mind ." I move my my hands to my head for emphasis.

"No pressure." She says.

〰️

"Salvo. The guy was doing coke in the focking bathroom. His out!"

"Where am I supposed to get a new manager now?"

"Call Reggie."

"He doesn't want to do business with us anymore, since you beat up that Instagram guy."

"Hey!" I grab him infront of his collar. "Don't ever mention that shit again. Call him, tell him I need some of his workers." He nods his head vigorously. I turn my head to the left and see Angelo staring from the door wide eyed at the scene infront of him. I slowly let go of Salvo and face him again. "Do your focking job." I say and he nods.

I turn to eyes still staring at me. "Angelo, right?" I ask him, he looks nervous. "Have a seat." I motion to one of the tables in the middle of the restaurant where I'm currently standing.

"I hope I'm not interrupting something." He says.

"I'm always interrupted, even if it's just my thoughts. So don't be mistaken if it seems you not interrupting me."

"Okay." He nods.

"So, how's Maria?" I ask him and I can tell how surprised he is.

"M-my mom?"

"Yeah, your mom. Paid her a visit at her job this morning. Her last day is on Friday?"

"Yes, how'd you know that?"

"There's nothing I don't know. So now that I know you not working for the cops or part of a rival gang. Tell me how far are you willing to go to provide for your family after your mother's retrenchment?"