Chapter 42

The flight home was relaxing. I got in as much sleep as possible on our way home, I'm glad I did that after hearing Annabelle had instructed us to fly straight back to New York. Said there was an urgent family meeting she wanted to have.

"Did you say anything to her about the business?" Matteo asks Leonardo.

"Not in many words.... fock! What now?" Leonardo growls out.

"We haven't had a meeting since.. forever." Michele says.

"Did she say what time?" Leonardo asks.

I shift slightly forward in my seat to be part of this conversation. "Am I missing something?" I ask noticing everyone's tense behavior kicking in slowly.

Everyone looks over at me as if I grew a second head.

"So.." Alicia says warily. "When Annabelle has something urgent and important to discuss. The entire family has to be there. Immediate family, that is. According to this Email she sent." Alicia looks to her phone cringing. "Who still sends emails?"

"Jesus, an email?" Matteo shakes his head.

"Definitely serious." Michele says.

"We have to meet at the Belle hotel at 7pm." Alicia finishes.

"What could the meeting entail?... Is it about South Africa?" I ask.

"No, no." Leonardo says all too soon waving his hand infront of my face as if quieting me down.

"What about South Africa?" Michele asks.

"Nothing." Leonardo says curtly giving me a look.

I feel uneasy as everyone looks between the two of us. Clearly Leonardo doesn't want them knowing his future plans. I shrug "My sons there.. So.."

"Oh, yeah. His father... Focken dick in the box." Alicia says causing me to choke on my own air and Vera to burst into hysterics of laughter. The men do not seem happy with us at all. "What? His hot. Have you seen that video?" She shrugs unfazed.

"Is that why you call him Chad fock face?" Matteo asks Leonardo.

Leonardo gives him a blank look as they try to control their smiles. He shakes his head side to side placing his head against the headrest closing his eyes and dismissing us all completely.

A couple of hours after our quiet and peaceful flight. Where I slept most of the time. We finally pulled in the driveway of home. The rest of the group followed us home, because the ladies would need to borrow something from my wardrobe for this urgent family meeting.

I wonder what Annabelle wants to discuss with us. Has to be very important if it got the rest of the family so anxious.

"Hey." I greet Anny as we enter the house.

"Madam, I'm glad you two are finally home. The kids are bathed and asleep."

"Did she just call you madam?" Alicia interrupts and gives off an evil giggle.

"Hi Anny, thanks. How are you?" I ask after rolling my eyes at Alicia's response.

"Good, the house has been a ghost town for three weeks" She says smiling.

I frown at her and turn to Leonardo. "Weren't you home like a week ago?"

"Uhm." Leonardo looks at me than to Anny who looks scared as hell, and then back to me. "I stayed at the hotel, it was closer to work and such, you know?" I nod and he gives me a tight lipped smile. "Okay chop chop. Let's get moving." Leonardo yells to everyone in the front of the house. "We have less then two hours to get there. You do not want to be late for this." Leonardo says seriously exhaling with a look of worry and stress.