023

"You left out the part about you crying on the bathroom," Geoff remarks, setting aside his phone and looking at awsten with worry.

"Yeah well, it's fucking embarrassing," awsten mumbles, looking anywhere other than Geoff. " but of course I'm just the luckiest person on the planet and someone who happens to know who we are came in and saw."

"Hey, that persons a dick for posting that shit online," Geoff tries not to sound angry. He doesn't understand how someone could be that lacking in morals.

"Maybe I had it do,ing," Awsten theorises," the world finally paying me back for screwing up so much with Grace."

"You did not have it coming," Geoff is quick to correct.

Awsten just shrugs, clearly not believing Geoff. Geoff doesn't really know what to say after that and a short silence falls over them, being interrupted only when they hear the door open and then close again. Awsten stiffens, already knowing who it is.

"Awsten," Grace calls out into the apartment, "you here?"

Awsten stays quiet, wishing he could just disappear by being quiet enough. Grace finds him pretty easily, the apartment not really large enough to hide in. She looks briefly at Geoff, giving a. Awkward wave before focusing on Awsten.

"Am I interrupting? I —" she starts off, being cut off before she can finish.

"Nope," Geoff is the one to speak, "perfect timing;I was just heading out." It's a total lie, he wasn't planning on leaving but now with grace here he thinks she and awsten should talk things out. Grace gives an awkward nod and sits down next to Awsten, waiting to say until Geoff is gone.

"Awsten, what's going on? You know you can talk to be about anything," she tells tells him gently, concern showing clearly.

"I—I'm sorry, Grace," he tries to keep his voice steady. " I'm so fucking sorry."

She's not expecting the hug but returns the gesture when he throws his arms around her and hugs her tightly.

"What are you talking about, aws? You've got no reason to be sorry," she assures him quietly,keeping one arm wrapped around him and running her free hand though his hair, recalling that he always used to love when she did that when he wasn't feeling well. " you did nothing wrong."

'I looked though Otto's texts," he mutters, not missing the slight pause to grace's movements. "I saw.... are you really in love with me?"

"It's....complicated," Grace responds hesitantly. I'd be a lie to say she's over hi but she's made a lot of progress I. Getting over him and she's not sure she can honestly say she's in love with him. She still feels something but it's not nearly as strong as it was before.

"I shoulda known," Awsten is still holding onto her, hiding his face so she can't see the few tears that he can't manage to hold back. "How much have I hurt you over the years?"

"None of it was your fault," she tells him softly, " I kept it from you, you were never supposed to know. Is this why you cried?"

"Part of it, I guess...I don't... I do t know why I'm feeling the way I do and it's frustrating as hell 'cause I do t wanna screw things up even more," Awsten admits, finally pulling away from the hug,

"What are you feeling,' grace asks with a worried lilies frown.

"Like i might have feelings for you but I don't know whether or not I really do and I can't even begin to understand it.. like I really want to kiss you right now."