053

░▒▓█▓▒░ "You don't have to listen to him," Amelia tells Awsten, her head tilted slightly to the side as she watches for a reaction. "Or her." "I'm not doing this for them," Awsten replies quietly, keeping his eyes on the road. "I'm doing it for me." "And why's that? You were fine with me before Elliot showed up," she points out, raising an eyebrow. "Maybe it's because he gave a little...eye opener, or whatever," Awsten concedes with a shrug, "but that doesn't mean it's not still for me." "Is that true or are you just telling yourself that because Sophia convinced you of it? You're letting her manipulate you," Amelia accuses, knowing her words are entirely false. "Sophia is a good person and my friend. She wouldn't do that," Awsten doesn't take the bait. "All my friends, and Elliot, have all said that you're bad for me and I just didn't want to see it but, the more I think about it, the more I see that they've been right the whole time. You never cared. I don't know why but this is all just a game for you." Amelia doesn't reply this time. Her mind goes back to when she met Awsten on the plane, when he looked so broken and ready to have a complete breakdown, when she suggested he wanted to jump off the plane into the ocean. She wonders if he ever thinks about her suggestion, if it had the impact she'd intended it to. As someone who's broken herself, she finds that one of the very few things in the world that brings her any ounce of joy is making others feel the way she did for so long. She drowned, why not let other people drown too? But Awsten, apparently, isn't nearly as broken as she'd thought. Or maybe he was and he managed to put himself together again. Whatever the case, Amelia knows she lost this round. Awsten finally arrives at the the airport, stopping in the drop-off section and waiting for Amelia to get out. He forces himself to look at her when she doesn't move. "You gotta go," he tells her quietly, "don't wanna miss your flight." Or maybe she does, Awsten thinks to himself, how would I know? Amelia nods before deciding to do one last things before she exits Awsten's life. She leans forward and kisses him. He doesn't kiss back, which is a bit disappointing but completely expected. "Bye, Aws." "Bye, Melia."