032

Otto's decision to tell Grace about his feelings for her isn't very easy to follow through on.  He sees her and he's at an absolute loss for words.  No person has any right to look that good in a flimsy hospital gown after having been stabbed.  No way she's even real.  This has to be fake.  But she smiles that beautiful smile of hers when she sees him and he almost forgets where they are for a moment because the smile can make any place feel like home.  "H-hey," his words get caught in his throat.  "Ship," Jack mumbles excitedly, nudging Alex, "some content for my fanfic."  "Oh my god, shut the hell up," Alex mutters with a quiet laugh, though he seems just as interested in this whole thing as Jack does.  "Hey," Grace replies to Otto with a tired smile, her eyes darting from him to Elliot.  "Hi, El."  "Hey, Soph," he greets, smiling back at her.  "How you feelin'?  Did they take good care of you?  And what about the asshole who did this?  Are they gonna get caught?  I really wanna kick the ass of whoever the hell thought it was okay to hurt my little sister—"  "Calm down," Grace interrupts, "I'm fine.  They gave me some pain meds that numbed pretty much everything so, yeah, I have to say, they're taking good care of me.  I don't know if the person'll be caught.  I didn't see their face, all I know is they had an American accent and that's not much to go on, considering how many tourists come through here.  And they'll be thoroughly disappointed with their taking when they realize my phone is password protected and, unless they somehow know Jet's birthday, they can't get in...is Awsten okay?  I was on the phone with him when it happened; don't know what would've happened if he hadn't called Jawn when he did."  "Awsten's fine," Elliot responds dismissively, briefly looking to Otto to see how he reacts to grace asking about Awsten.  He doesn't seem overly surprised by it, which is probably good.  "Don't worry about him.  He's gonna be here tomorrow with Geoff and Travis."  "Your password was Jet's birthday," Jawn speaks up with a grin, "that's amazing."  "Jet is an icon," Grace remarks, smiling back at him.  He nods along in agreement before looking over to Otto and giving an encouraging nod.  "Alright," Jawn says loudly, "let's all give Grace and Otto some privacy."  "Wh—" Grace begins to question in confusion before being cut off.  "Oh, young love," Jack sings out with a grin as he heads out, "can't wait for the wedding guys!"  "But—" Zack starts to argue only to have Jack cut him off too.  "No.  My ship is way more important than your weird sense of brotherly responsibility," Jack insists, pulling on Zack's arm as if he could actually pull the man out of the room.  Zack hesitates but just goes with it.  "Sorry, when did this become your ship?  Don't be fucking selfish; it's our ship," Alex complains on the way out, Rian giving a little nod of agreement and laughing quietly at his friends.  "No.  I don't share.  I'm the captain."