046

░▒▓█▓▒░ "Home, sweet home, right," Otto asks with a grin, prying open one of Sophia's boxes. The rest of the group has all gone home for the night, leaving Sophia and Otto to finish up with unpacking. The two are happy for the alone time, as much as they enjoy having their friends around. "Completely right," Sophia agrees, looking at Otto with a smile before starting to sort out the contents of the box. She frowns as she pulls an old sweater out of the box. "What's wrong?" Otto asks with a worried frown, noticing her shift in mood immediately. "Nothing just...I meant to get rid of this," she mumbles, looking at the sweater. "Give it back, I mean...to Awsten when Jawn took all his other stuff that was at my apartment. It's his. Or, it was before he gave it to me." "You should keep it," Otto suggests, "at least until you and Awsten get the chance to talk again. See if there's any shot at working things out." "I don't know if Awsten even wants to work things out," Sophia mumbles, her hands balling into fists around the material. "Do you want to work things out? You gotta think about what you want too, honey," Otto tells her, setting his hands on hers. "I want him to be happy," she admits after a moment of hesitation. "And I want to be part of his life." "Then you gotta try, babe," he says softly, "you know how stubborn he can be. He's not gonna be the one to talk to you first. Y'all have been friends for so long. Don't let this be the end of that." "Why do I always have to be the one to try? This isn't the first time he's shut me out. He does it when things get too hard...and I'm always the one to bring him back in, I'm always the one to put myself on the edge just to try to pull him back from it. Maybe I should have given up a long time ago," Sophia mutters, pushing the sweater away. "He clearly doesn't need me in his life." "Sophie, sweetheart, you know that's not true," Otto tries to comfort, "I know you both said some things but he'll never not consider you his best friend. And that's still what you'll always be...if you want to be." "Lets not have this conversation right now," Sophia decides, not really wanting to think about Awsten anymore. "How about we table this discussion for another time and have dinner?" "Hm, I'm thinking spaghetti; it's quick, easy, and delicious," Otto suggests, "the perfect: welcome home meal, right?" "Perfect," she confirms before leaning forward and kissing his cheek. "Thank you...for everything." "I do what I do because I love you. Don't gotta thank me for that." "I love you too." Otto smiles brightly. That's the first time she's said it; she's stuck to saying she likes him before now. Not hesitating a moment, he leans in and kisses her. She kisses back. Maybe not everything is great but, right now, neither of them could be happier than with being with each other.