3 : 𝐀𝐥𝐭𝐚𝐢𝐫 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐕𝐞𝐠𝐚

‧͙⁺˚*・༓☾NINI POV☽༓・*˚⁺‧͙

"How was your day sweetie?" My dad asks as I walk through the doors.

"It was good, we got a new student and he won't stop bugging me" I shrug as I continue to go into the kitchen to grab myself a drink.

"He?" My dad questions as he raise an eyebrow at me.

My dad is a pretty protective father, even though he can't walk, he is not afraid to jump out of his wheelchair, to strangle some hormonal teenage boy who would want to get with his daughter.

"Yeah, don't worry, I'm not into him like that, and neither is he, he is definitely trying to ruin my senior year" I said as I gulp down the water.

"You know whenever boy's bug you, it's just a way of telling you that they have feelings for you" he continues to go on as he follows me upstairs, since we are pretty loaded, we got an barrier free design for my dad to go upstairs, and quiet frankly, he enjoys to roll down it.

"But it's not like that, he's annoying and obnoxious, that is everything I don't go looking for in a guy" I said as I try to tell my dad it's not what he thinks.

"You'll realize soon, you'll realize soon" he said before he roll back downstairs leaving me standing at the top just dumbfounded.

I roll my eyes before going to my room, this is stupid, I don't like Ricky.

I don't feel things, the only people that can make me feel things is my dad, and no one else, so Ricky can't just waltz in here and make me feel things, cause I'm numb.

Forever.

As I lay in bed that night, my eyes can't help but wander out of the window, looking at the stary night sky, marveling at the wonders of the universe, I've always had an love for astronomy.

I was never an really imaginative kid when I grew up, and I was the little girl who never believed in ghosts or any of those supernatural things.

But I believe in astronomy and mythology stories.

I used to remember my mom would tell me the same story every night, and I don't think I can ever get that out of my mind.

It's the story of Altair and Vega

It's a Chinese legend, once upon a time, there's a girl who is a goddess, and so is all of her family member, she was living a picture perfect life, but there was always something missing.

It's love.

One day she saw a cow herder and she immediately fell in love with him, and he did too, they were both desperately in love with one another, but the girls father dose not approve, since she is a goddess, so she shouldn't be falling in love with some ordinary man.

Another classic Romeo and Juliet story.

But since the girl and guy love each other so much, they just can't stay away.

So the girls father separated them, with a wide river between the two in the sky, thus forms the Milky Way between the stars Altair, which is the guy, and Vega, which is the girl, and even though they couldn't see each other they still loved each other longingly.

But eventually, the girls father got soft, and he let them see each other for one night every year, and the magpies, which is a kind of crow, would built them a bridge for them to meet again.

End of the story.

I've always loved hearing this story, but it's only interesting when my moms tells it, she gave me a necklace with Venus on it, the planet of love.