TI- Imagine Thranduil's reaction after you give birth to his child

Imagine Thranduil's reaction after you give birth to his child

After many hours of anguish, it finally felt worth it when you cradled your newborn baby in your arms. You could not explain the immense happiness and love that you felt as you held your baby boy for the first time. A smile grew on your face when you realized he had the same blonde hair as his ada. Much different from your brown hair.

"Has my husband returned?" you asked the midwife who helped deliver your baby boy.

"I do not think so my Lady," she responded.

You felt sad that Thranduil could not be there with you, but after many years of marriage, you understood that the King often had more important things to attend to that he could not dismiss. The fact should have bothered you, but you respected him and his duties.

Either way, if Thranduil could have been by your side, you knew he could not have sat there listening to your anguished cries without guilt nor worry.

The enormous double doors creaked as the guards who were ordered by Thranduil to stand guard opened the doors for him. You could not see that it was him, but the guards were under strict order in which they could only allow the midwife, one selected maid, and himself entrance. The maid and midwife were already in the room.

Thranduil entered the room with his back straight and chin erect in his signature walk.

"You are both excused," he told the maid and midwife who in turn nodded their heads and quickly exited the room. You knew most people feared him and you would have too if you did not know him. However, you did know him, and you knew that even if he acted collected and strict, it was all just an act. His face relaxed when he turned to you, and you smiled at him.

"How are you feeling?" he asked with concern, his eyebrows furrowed with worry.

"I am fine my love," you replied smiling warmly. His shoulders relaxed. He gazed at your occupied arms, the bundle of blankets obstructing his view of the baby. Before he could ask, you reassured that the baby was fine as well.

"Do I have a son or a daughter?" he asked you quietly, making his way towards your side.

"A son," you replied. His eyes brightened as he opened his mouth to say something but shut it quickly. He approached carefully.

"He has your hair color," you grinned as you said it. You shifted the baby in your arms so Thranduil could look at him. Thranduil's lips turned upward as he saw the baby, but when he noticed you looking at him, he cleared his throat, and his lips went back into their permanent straight line. The lighting was very poor, but you could have sworn he was blushing.

"Do you want to hold him?" you asked by a long shot.

"No," he replied a little too quickly. There was a silent pause until he spoke again.

"I do not want to accidentally hurt him," he quietly said as he reached forward to touch the baby's small hand. Feeling his ada's hand, the baby wrapped his little hand around Thranduil's finger.

"He has a strong grip. He is going to be strong," he said proudly.

"I was thinking," he started to say but took a slight pause. "Legolas seems like a suitable name." The fact that Thranduil had been thinking about baby names made you smile. In all honesty, you hadn't thought of any.

"Legolas?" you asked. "It's perfect."

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Did you know that I not only wrote a series of Thranduil fanfiction but also a series of Legolas fanfiction? Head over to my Wattpad profile to check it out!