Sausage Party

Sausage Party is a CGI adult animated movie released on August 12th, 2016 by Sony Pictures Releasing through Columbia Pictures. The film was directed by Conrad Vernon and Greg Tiernan (who would later on direct The Addams Family) and written by Kyle Hunter, Ariel Shaffir, Seth Rogen, and Evan Goldberg. The film features an ensemble voice cast consisting of Seth Rogen,  Jonah Hill, Kristen Wiig, Anders Holm, Bill Hader, Michael Cera, James Franco, Danny McBride, Craig Robinson, Paul Rudd, Nick Kroll, David Krumholtz, Ed Norton, and Salma Hayek. The film focuses on talking food, but it ain't like Veggie Tales. It's raunchy, foul mouthed, and R rated.

The film received generally positive reviews from critics, who particularly praised its humor and screenplay. It grossed $140.7 million against a budget of $19 million and surpassed South Park: Bigger, Longer, and Uncut (1999) as the highest-grossing R-rated animated film of all time. Despite receiving positive reviews, the film has been quite controversial and divisive towards audiences. Many conservative Christian groups were offended by the film's "anti-religious" themes among others. And it doesn't help that several animators were mistreated badly to the point where several animators were left uncredited.

And yet, despite the film's divisiveness and controversy, I still personally enjoyed the film. The animation is pleasant to look at. The jokes are hilarious. And the actors sound like they're having fun. Yeah, this one's a guilty pleasure for me, right up there with The Killing Joke. Anyway, next chapter is going to be my last. I'm beginning to run out of ideas, and I really want to focus on my fan fictions. But hey, part of the journey is the end.