Curiosity Killed the Cat

Honestly Chase didn't know that much better about his feelings anymore than the others when it came to Anti. At first, he wanted nothing more than to blow his brains out and pop him with that pistol right between the eyes. 

But then hearing him cry out like that when he accidentally touched his stitches. . . . 

When he saw him cry, his heart broke. He shouldn't feel this way towards him. Anti had done a lot of messed up shit to all of them, coming after them for no reason.

But now with his memory gone and having forgotten everything he was and did, it didn't seem fair to judge him now. Like he said, he wasn't that person anymore. He was different.

That didn't mean Chase trusted him. But seeing him act so child-like and scared brought out the best in Chase. And seeing him smile and genuinely laugh was something none of them had ever seen before. It was nice seeing this version of Anti.

But he couldn't dote on him like he was his kid or something. He had his own children to worry about. That morning after making them breakfast, he made his way to Stacey's place. He lied about it being time to see them but he couldn't help it. He needed to see Stacey and his kids and warn his ex-wife. 

He pulled up into the drive and walked up to the door. But he heard yelling from inside.

Alarm bells rang in his head and his overprotective nature wanted to take over. Chase leaned over to peek in the window and could see Stacey yelling at someone only for them to yell back and slap her and there was a stunning silence.

Chase's heart rate spiked and his fists clenched. He banged on the door and rang the door bell.

A few moments later, the door opened and a man stood in front of him. He was a little taller but that didn't bother him. They glared at each other and the man snuffed at him, "The fuck you want? Aren't you Stace's ex? Get the fuck out of here, man" he went to slam the door in front of him but Chase stopped it with his foot.

"I'm here to talk to my ex wife . . .. you know . . . the mother of my children? Open the door, asshole"

The man growled at him, "Piss off or I'll call the cops! She doesn't want to see you!"

"Chase?" 

Past the door, he could see Stacey still holding her cheek. She grew brave and gently pushed the man out of the way, "Hey! Come on in. Brady was just leaving anyways"

"Excuse me?"

"She said you were just leaving, numb-nuts, or didn't you hear her?" Chase snarled at him, "Get out or I'll call Jackieboyman. Surely you've heard of him? He's my brother"

Immediately, the man's stature changed and he mumbled an apology and left.

Chase rolled his eyes, "A real winner you found there, Stace"

"Oh can it, Toss-boy" she half-assed insulted him, "You gonna come in or what?"

Chase followed her in and went to the kitchen freezer. She was confused until he took out a package of frozen veggies and handed to her. She snickered, "Still always taking care of me"

Chase took a deep breathe, "I better not see him around here again. He hasn't hurt the kids, has he?"

"No . . . . Speaking of which, it isn't Saturday"

"I know but something came up. Can we talk in the living room?" he gently rubbed his hand over hers that was holding the veggies. They may have divorced but damn it all if he still didn't love her. She deserved better than that Brady asshole. Better than him, too.