Hide and Seek

"The FUCK!?" Marvin squeaked out. He stared at Anti as if he were crazy but the more he thought about it, the more it made a lot of sense.

He's only ever been able to use magic around Anti so of course that would be it! He wanted to smack himself, he felt so dumb!

Marvin's mouth hung agape but then he grit his teeth in his realization, "Fuck"

Anti swallowed, a little red-faced that he never put it together either.

"That makes so much sense" Marvin stared at him again, "You're a battery!"

Anti glared at him suddenly, "No I'm-"

"You're the energizer bunny!"

"Marv-"

"And I'm a magician! It fits so perfectly!"

Anti covered his face at the lame ice-breaking joke and Marvin chuckled at his reaction, "So . . . .  why does this guy just have magic stored inside of you like some sort of container?"

He shrugged, "I don't know. But this does help quite a bit. You can use the magic to help you remember stuff that you made yourself forget!"

"Right. Now I'll just have to find the right spell. It won't happen right away though. I want to make sure I get it perfect before I try it out on myself. But this is so exciting!"

"Right?! Then when you get your memories back, you could fight the masked man!"

Marvin's excitment fell, "Uh . . . . I don't know about that, man."

Anti titled his head slightly, "What do you mean?"

"Well . . . " Marvin looked away, "We don't know yet. Let's just not rush anything, alright? Don't want to get too ahead of ourselves"

"Oh . . . . okay"

Suddenly there was a knock on the door and the two jumped at the noise.

"Hey Marv!" It was Jackie, "We're gonna have lunch here in a bit! Why don't you come on out? Chase's kids are here!"

"We'll be right out!"

"We?" Jackie was clearly confused, "Who else is in there with you?"

"Uh . . ..  Anti"

"Oh okay. You come out, too, Anti! The kids really want to see you, too"

The glitch groaned but agreed in a whine, "Fine~"

Jackie walked away to presumably go downstairs and Anti gulped, "What if your magic does something?"

Marvin stood up from the bed and snickered at him, "What? What are you talking about?"

"What if we get too close and you do something without realizing it? You don't want them to know yet, you said"

The magician rolled his eyes, "Anti, you worry too much. It'll be fine. There hasn't been any issues before, right? Don't think about it. We'll come back to this later. For now, let's just go downstairs and enjoy ourselves. I need coffee"

"You need a nap"

"Shut up-"

"A cat-nap"

"Dammit, I should have seen that coming" he grumbled to himself.

Anti snickered at him, "Hey if you can make shitty jokes then so can I!"

"Brat" they left the room and went downstairs.

Once they crossed into the kitchen, it was absolute chaos in silent form.

Chase was making mac and cheese and peas for lunch for everyone while Stacey was still there and bickering with the father about how much butter he put in the veggies.