In Need of a Break

After a while of holding each other and speaking comforting words, most everyone was getting ready for the day while a few others needed rest after the confrontation last night. Chase, Jackie, Henrik and Jameson were in the kitchen while Marvin, Anti and Dark were resting still in the living room with Sean watching over them deep in thought.

Sean may not understand completely what was happening around his egos but he knew something had to be done. Before he arrived, they were amidst a battle and upon finding out that Marvin had lied and endangered them all . . . . . he was more than reluctant to leave now.

He didn't understand everyone's comfort around Anti now, either, but he was more than willing to accept it. He had watched as Henrik forced him down to rest on the couch, rubbing his forehead to soothe him into it. It was a whip-lashing change but not unwelcome.

Dark refused to get up from his spot though, letting Anti's legs rest on his lap as he sat up on the other end. Marvin was cuddled into Anti on the other side of the couch.

This was where Sean was the second most confused, first being anything involving the puppeteer. Why was Dark there?

Sean was sipping on some coffee Chase brewed when he finally blurted out, "So what are you doing here? Puppeteer after you, too?"

Dark slowly turned his gaze to Sean, not moving his head, "No. Although. . .  Perhaps after last night"

"So you were here before last night? How come?"

Dark had a look on his face like he wanted to roll his eyes, "He glitched into my office the same day he glitched into your home. I was . . . . . curious so I came here for an explanation."

Sean narrowed his eyes, still confused, "Okay. . . . why are you still here?"

"To help. Why else?"

"Hm" Sean hummed, not really believing him, "Mark created you as the complete opposite of him. Evil and Manipulative. How can I trust you to-"

Dark growled deeply, "You can fucking stop right there, McLoughlin. You don't know a damn thing about me. My reasons are none of your concern. But I know you all need my help and I am willing to provide my assistance. Besides. . . .  who's to say this puppeteer won't go after the Ipliers after he gets what he wants?"

"So you're looking out for your own"

"If you choose to see it that way" he commented, glancing only slightly towards Anti beside him.

Sean was on edge with Dark but trusted him enough. He came through last night, after all.

Chase came back in the living room from the kitchen with a few plate-fulls of breakfast, "Got some French Toast! You hungry, dudes?"

Dark declined but Sean wasn't about to reject any sort of meal.

Accepting the food, Sean grinned, "Thanks, man! I haven't had any of your meals for years!" He took a plate and stuffed a forkful in his mouth, "Haven't seen you so happy since then, either"

Jackie snorted as he entered in as well, "Well . . . . there's a reason for that"

"Shut up, Jackie!"

The hero snickered and gave him away, "Him and Stacey's been loving on each other lately~"

"Damn you, Red" Chase mumbled before running off back to the kitchen.

Sean nearly choked on his fork but nervously grunted, "Uh . . . . Good for him. Hope it works out"

Jackie rolled his eyes, "They're just reliving old passions. It won't last. . . .  But . . . I hope I'm wrong."