The Best Day of His Life

Anti wasn't too sure what was going on after he woke up but everyone seemed a little more excited than before. Except for Dark.

Henrik 'fixed' him up some cereal as soon as he woke and they all either sat or stood around the dining room table, clearly knowing something he didn't.

It was anxiety-inducing.

"So uh . . . . what's going on? I miss something?" Anti asked, not liking the stares he was getting even if they weren't negative.

Sean practically bounced in his spot, "We're going out today!"

'To the mall!' Jameson signed.

Anti's heart stopped and he paled, "Uh . . . what?"

Henrik seemed to catch his hesitance, "Unless you do not vant to? In which that is perfectly fine"

"Yeah" Marvin joined in, "We just thought that since you haven't been out at all really since you've been here. . . . you could use some fun is all"

"I think we all could, honestly" Jackie snorted.

"Up to you, man." Chase reiterated. 

Anti swallowed and sunk a little lower in his seat at the tension in the air, everyone waiting on HIM to make a decision, "B-but what about Puppeteer?"

"Don't you worry about him" Sean winked, "He dares to show his face, I'll erase him on the spot. You can count on it, Anti."

Anti still felt unsure but looked over at Dark who was still sipping on coffee looking as bored as ever, "What do you think, Dark?"

The Iplier ego was surprised that Anti asked him but recovered gracefully, "It's your decision. Sean and I will be on the lookout for anything suspicious so you won't have to worry"

"But do you think it's a good idea?"

"I think it's very stupid." Dark deadpanned, "But they're right. It's very unlikely that you've been out anywhere to have any sort of fun since gaining a physical form. We're certain puppeteer has probably kept you hidden under his watch most of the time"

"So I've never. . . seen a mall before?" Anti honestly didn't know. He thought he knew what a mall might be but he wasn't sure. He instinctively knew what a lot of things were like hospitals, stores or casinos. But for some reason, a mall doesn't click in his mind.

Jackie shrugged, "Don't know. Probably not. You want to check one out?"

"What's it like?"

Sean grinned from ear to ear, "How about we all just go and you can find out?"

Anti still felt odd about the decision of going out but wasn't opposed to it, "Okay."

Everyone seemed to light up at the response despite their own hesitance and Sean clapped his hands, "Alright, it's settled then! Let's get ready!"

"Get ready?" but he didn't have any time to think, really, before Jameson grabbed his wrist, pulling him upstairs with Henrik and Marvin behind them, "You need good and clean clothes to go out in public. I am not sure you have any so you'll have to borrow one of ours."

'We can get you new clothes at the mall, too!' Jameson seemed excited about clothes shopping.

As they ran up the stairs, Dark finished his coffee with a roll of his eyes. He didn't love the prospect of going out and risking their lives for a little fun but like it or not, he knew Sean was right. Anti needed this.

He felt his lips curl into a small smile until Damien teased him in his head, "Shut up, Damien. Mind your own business"

"What?"