The Anger of the Forgotten

"Having fun are we? . . . . . . Puppet?"

Anti shuddered, his fear returning for the man in front of him. He didn't think he'd sense him so quickly.

But he still had some spunk in him, "Yeah, what of it? You upset all your precious toys are broken?"

Puppeteer snarled and his fists turned white, they were clenched so tight, "You have a lot of nerve"

"So do you" Anti wouldn't back down quite yet, "The way you've treated me . . . . You can't say you didn't deserve this. You deserve so much more for what you've done to me"

The man looked ready to slap him but surprisingly . . . he took a long, deep breathe.

"You're right"

Anti narrowed his eyes, not trusting of the way he suddenly spoke. But he continued.

"I've been terrible to you. Been using you and your gifts without proper consent. But you can't blame me" 

"I can, actually"

He ignored Anti's comment, "I was never exactly human before Marvin resurrected me. I never knew how to interact, Anti. We both didn't, really, I suppose, but you were always a fast learner. I could never really pick up on emotions like I should have. . . . "

Anti didn't know what the man was getting at but it was getting weird, "What are you saying? Wh-why are you talking like this?"

He shrugged, "I don't want to kill you, Anti. I want you at my side. Together we can satisfy our needs for revenge. But this time . . .  instead of being my loyal little puppet and pet . . . ." he slowly stepped closer and closer to Anti until he was able to lightly graze his cheek withe the back of his hand.

"Instead . . . .  you'll be my friend. Show me the ropes so to speak. . . . hm?" he gave a small, chilling smile.

Anti didn't believe him, really. No, this couldn't be him changing his ways. He still just wanted to use him. But the look in his eyes seemed so pained. He was desperate.

Anti took a step back, "You still want to kill them"

"Well of course I do!" he rolled his eyes, "And we can do it together! You and I! As equals!"

The glitch was wondering why he wasn't just taking Marvin's magic from him yet but he figured he wanted to gain his trust first. Anti wouldn't be so swayed but it was starting to work.

"And when I fuck up something again. . . . will you slit my throat? Will you beat and starve me like a rabid animal? Treat me like a slave? Use me like a fucking tool that's at your disposal?" Anti didn't raise his voice but his anger was crystal clear.

Puppeteer didn't seem perturbed by his statement and hummed, "At least I've always been here for you. They shut you out. Didn't bother to give you a second chance-"

"You tried to kill me. Tried to burn me alive until you realized that it was a mistake. Oh thank god Henrik was there to save my life, huh?"

"You wouldn't even be alive in the first place if it wasn't for me, Anti!"

"Well maybe it'd be better if I wasn't alive! I never asked for this!" Anti took one of the already broken objects and slammed it on the ground in front of Puppeteer in his anger.

Once again, he didn't seem surprised at his rage, "Hm. . . .  . That's a pity, really. . . . . . ." Puppeteer sighed heavily and gently leaned closer to take his face in his hands. Anti froze at his touch, keeping him immobile. A spell maybe?