Chapter Eight- Angry

Days later, I felt that same feeling that I'd felt when my dad left to Iraq, before I went blind.

I felt weird and I had no idea why. Maybe it was the way he kissed me, or how he called me beautiful, or that sexy growl... What the hell was I thinking? I did not like Charles Heiden- at least not really.

.....................

I turned the heavy metal up as far as my headphones could go.

I thought of my dad again. Of his crooked smile and the way he started every morning off with horrible dad jokes and parodies of the hottest songs.

I thought of how my mother used to spend all her time with me, do my hair, and read my poems. Now all she does is sign laws and go to events and shit.

  I thought about how many friends I had before I went blind. About how many people like me. About how much I read with my actual eyes, not with a computer reading to me.

The heavy bass thumped in my ears and shook my body. My heart quivered. It made every hair on my body stand up like a prickly porcupine. I felt good with someone screaming into my ears. I felt alive. This was the safest way to drown out my thoughts.

The adrenaline pumped through my veins and nearly split then open. I needed a way to release it. So I went to the vase.

It was cold in my hands and felt so fragile. I wanted to break it into a million tiny pieces. But what I wanted most was to see it. I reared my arms back over my head and heaved the big vase forward into the wall.

I shuttered when I heard the sharp, echoing pottery shatter. The really should not have put another one in my path. I laughed to myself at the stupidity of the people around me, including me.

I waited five seconds for the door to be broken from its hinges, but instead I heard a soft knock. Rosy.

She opened the door slowly, without my permission.

"What!?" I yelled.

"Did that man do something to you? I should call your mother.." She said in frail English.

"No. Don't! Remember that I can still fire you, Rosy!" I screamed at her in desperation.

"I 's just looking to help you, miss. No call miss Jefferson. No call." Rosy backed out if my room.

"Ughhhh. He didn't do anything. Its just me." I groaned aloud. She was always so nosy, ever since we got her four months ago.

I plopped down into my bed and listened to the music blast in my ears.

  I thought back to when he said he loved me. Maybe I was wrong for telling him to not talk to me. Maybe I should have lied until I did fall in love. Maybe...