Chapter Twentysix- Little F*cker

"Charles!" I was shocked.

"What?!" He yelled back in a voice so fierce and angry that I recoiled back against the wall and dropped my brush. "Is there a problem?! I don't give a crap if he's creamated or burned in he'll, as long as his sorry, piece of shit ass is away from me!"

"Charles-" I began.

"WHAT?! Do I have to explain myself to you? No. I don't. So back the hell off, Evangiline! I'm so sick of your bullshit!"

His explosion was sudden. I front my body recoil a bit.

Wow. Obviously he was a little upset, but that was no reason to take it out on me. I was going to give him the same attitude that he gave me.

"You listen to me you little fucker! I didn't do anything so quit the shit. I understand that your hurting, but that doesn't mean that you have to make me. Just calm down and we can talk about it." I said as I slowly, involuntarily walked to him.

  "Oh, like you did to everyone else before we met?"

  I frowned at my hypocrisy. "You're an ass."

He hesitated. I reached out and hold his shaky, hot hands against my face.

"It's just..." his tone showed me that he was finally giving in. "I came back to see you and.... to make up with him... When I was gone I had plenty of time to think about things and I thought about him."

"Oh, Charles. I am so so sorry. I... I don't know what to say." I said as I hugged him.

My cheek pressed against his chest. I listened to his booming heartbeat.

"My whole life", his words came out soft and shaky, "I... I can't say 'hated', I disliked him a lot because of him and my mom putting our family business in the news, him never being there when I needed him. He wasn't there when I learned to ride my bike, or my first date, or when I learned to drive. But he was there for graduation when the cameras were there. He never loved me, I was his charity case that he used to rid himself of the bad publicity."

"No. If he didn't love you then he would've denied the affair and you. He would've been a lot easier off, so you can see that he's been through a lot of shit because of you." I whispered into his warm flannel shirt.

We laid down side by side on my bed again and he curled around me.

"You're right. And I'm sorry for everything. I'm so sorry."