Chapter Twelve- Movies

New added chapters and edited content!!!! Sorry I've been editing majorly!

The next day, we went to a theatre in Covington. Weird, right? But we had to keep up the charade.

"I don't know why you want to go here of all places. I mean you can't watch it..." Charles said as we walked through the parking lot of Cinemania.

I told him we were going to see Ever After. The trailer sounded pretty good. A girl died in some freak accident and was stranded in purgatory with the driver of the other car. They have to find out why they were still there.

"I can still hear, Charles. I want to do normal stuff too."

"Of course. I would never expect anything less for you." He stopped to pull open a door. Cool air hit me and drew out chill bumps.

I had put on my blackout glasses this time. My outfit was plain, as Rosy said. I wore a black v-neck shirt and black and white leggings. Trusty black Converse were on my feet.

"Food." I said as I walked towards the smell of buttery popcorn, dragging Charles with me.

"Excuse you." A woman hissed the very second that I bumped into her. "Watch where the hell your going."

"What? Why weren't you watching? I'm blind. Literally."

"Sure... Everyone wears those kind of glasses now." The woman drawled out her annoying voice.

Charles coughed awkwardly. "Maybe we should go."

"No. This bitch needs to know that this-" I whipped off my glasses. My pale, dry eyes were revealed. "This is not fake."

The woman gasped and let out a mix between a squeal and a cough. "Oh. Well I'm...sorry?"

"Damn right you are. Now move." I purposely shoved by her with my shoulder.

"Wait! The name's Stacy. Stacy Crane. Sorry for the attitude. I'm just not feeling good." She spoke in a more normal voice.

I shrugged and felt out for her head to pat it. She was a short one. "I am like that all the time."

I pulled my arm out of Charles' and rested against a counter. Popcorn popped rather loudly a few feet away. "I want the biggest bag you have. And extra butter."

     .........

Stacy was coincidently watching the same movie as us and her date didn't show so she sat by us. The whole time she talked. It was a little hard to hear the movie despite her "whispering". We were shushed ten times, upon which she threw M&M's at them.

I also couldn't help but notice that her last name was the same as Doctor Crane's.

When the movie ended, we ate at the McDonald's next to the cinema, I invited Stacy along. Charles paid for our meal. Food happens to be the key to my heart.

"That was fun. Again sometime?" She asked and sat across from Charles and I in a booth.

"Yeah. Definately."

"Great." She chirped. "I have to go now. My dad wants me to be home for a 'family' dinner."

I waved to whatever was in frony of me and said my standard goodbye.

As soon as I heard the door close behind me, I sighed. That sigh was held in for so long that it physically hurt. "She's gone."

Charles chuckled lightly. "I know."

"What'd she look like?"

"Ehhh...pointy nose, big ears, short. Basically an elf."

I smirked then elbowed his side.

Charles dramtically fell out of the booth. "Owww. Evangiline! It hurts so bad!"

"Sooo funny. Now get up and kiss my ass." I could not help but laugh.

"If you insist..." Charles was half on the booth, down on his knees, grabbing my waist. The little shit was tickling me in the middle of McDonald's.

"Charles! Stop it. People are probably looking!" I squealed uncontrallably.

"It doesn't matter. As of right now, it's only us."

                     ...............

    When I got home, mom was back, but only for a few moments.

  I opened the door and waved goodbye to Charles towards the sound of his car. I turned back around and closed the door.

  "I have to go to the doctor. I only came home for my medicine. I love you honey. Bye." she rushed past me and to the door, giving me a slight hug on the way.

   "No wait. I haven't seen you in almost two weeks. Aren't you gonna tell me how things are going? Like why are you going to the doctor and since when did you need medicine?"

  She hugged me tighter. "Oh, honey I'm late for my appointment. I promise I will tell you soon."

Before I could protest again, she brushed past me. I sighed and sat back on the sofa.

   Why was everything so fucking difficult? Why couldn't she just stop for a moment and tell me what her secret was? Why couldn't I just be able to see? Why do I have to be the Senator's daughter?