Chapter Twentyeight- Bloody Hell

I was glad that I could not see. But only that one time. By Charles' sobs I knew that it mustve been horrible. His mother was silent and every five seconds let out a tiny sniffle. Maybe she had life insurance on him...

I held my moms shaky hand and stood there wondering what his body looked like. Was it riddled with black, bloody holes? Or was he as pale as my hair once was? Had a shotgun blown a hole in his middle? Or was the sight of a dead man just too much?

I stood silent, wondering if they expected me to sulk with them. I hadn't really known him so I guessed not.

After what seemed like hours, Charles spoke.

"I'm leaving."

Before I could follow him, I thought of how much my mom needed me too. But there were times when I needed her and she left me...

No. I would be the better person and hold her close to me.

The door slammed and let at whoosh of cold air in. I shivered and felt goosebumps rise. So thats what it feels like to be dead...

"Mom," I patted her back as I pulled away. "Benny is waiting for us... and Charles rode with us so I imagine he's waiting too. Are you coming?"

"No, honey, I'll take a cab."

With that I walked out the door with my cane.