Prologue

I sat in the passenger seat of the car as my mother was driving and looked out of the window, watching the streets of Beverly Hills as we passed by the different buildings and luxurious houses that were part of this part of the city. Everything I saw was very beautiful so far, I had not seen much of Los Angeles before because it was my first time being here and everything I saw was just in videos or pictures but the real thing was just as beautiful, if not even more beautiful.

The only time I came to the states was when I traveled to the east coast to visit one of my favorite cities which was New York and it was also closer to home. I always thought that if I moved away from Canada I would probably and up there but my mother had other plans for now and I didn't mind that either.

My mother and I moved away from Montréal because my father had passed away a few months ago due to sickness and we basically wanted to start over and do that in another city. We had moved to Canada because of my dad when I was younger and my mother had not told me that but I guessed that she wanted to move away from there because it reminded her of him and I didn't blame her because everything pretty much reminded me of him too.

I hoped that all the changes would help us cope better with the situation and that we would be able to move on.

A few minutes later we arrived at our new home which was huge and when my mother parked the car in the three-car garage, we got out of it and walked into our new house. It was really beautiful and huge from the inside.

The reason why we were able to afford a house like this was that my dad made a lot of money when he was alive and now that he was gone, he left it all to my mother and I. It was definitely nice to be able to get everything I wanted and live this wonderful but I didn't like to brag with what I had at all. Having a lot of money also came with its curses and a lot of fake people around so that was also one thing that I disliked very much. I had to deal with all that in Canada so I was kind of glad that I could escape some people with moving here.

I took the time to make a tour in the house that I had only seen in a video before. My mother had come to Los Angeles to see the house with our real estate agent and since I couldn't come, she just sent me a video of everything to that I could see the house and get an idea of it before we moved in here.

The house had four bedrooms each with its own with a bathroom, a beautiful kitchen, and a huge living room and so many more cool rooms that I liked, like a room full of games and our own theater. In the backyard we had a huge garden and a wonderful pool that I immediately fell in love with. I couldn't wait to spend my time here.

I walked into my room that was on the second floor of the house. All the furniture that I had in Canada was already in my room but I still had to set it up the way I wanted it to. A week before we me to Los Angeles, we shipped all our belongings that we didn't necessarily need to the house so it would be here before we came. We decided to stay in a hotel in Montréal for a week so that we could also sell our old house.

After we had some help with moving around the furniture in mine and my mother's room, I walked into the huge walk-in closet which was connected to my room and I started organizing my closet and putting the majority of my clothes on the clothing rails. It took me a few hours to be done with it but I was grateful that it was done for good now.

I decided to go see my mother to see how far she was getting along with setting up her room so far and see if I could help her with anything. We had a long conversation, especially because of tomorrow which would be the first day at my new school, and to be honest, I was not quite ready for that because I didn't want to be the "new girl" and have a lot of attention drawn to me. I was also very nervous because I didn't want to end up being alone and not be able to make friends and not feel comfortable around everybody. My mother kept reassuring me and telling me that I was going to be alright as long as I was myself and she was totally right but I was still a little bit insecure.

I guessed that I needed to stop overthinking and think of scenarios in my head that were probably never going to happen anyway.

A little while later, I decided to go to bed because I had gotten really tired from all the things that I did in my room today and I wanted to be well-rested for the day tomorrow. I wished my mother a good night and gave her a kiss on the cheek before I walked out of her room and walked into mine that was just down the hall. I changed into my pajamas and then I laid down on my bed, taking my phone to quickly reply to my cousin's text, and then I closed my eyes and waited for sleep to overcome.

I guess this was it. The beginning of my journey here in Los Angeles.