6;

chapter 6; in too deep
_____

Justin

After I spent my whole afternoon with Julie, I decided to go back home because Ryan was coming to my house. When I arrived home, I was basically just thinking about tomorrow and that Julie was coming to my house for the first time. I had never invited her over before and I definitely didn't think that the first time she was going to come here she was going to meet my family. Because of that everything needed to be perfect.

I called Ryan over because he always gave the best advice and I thought he could help me because for some reason I wanted Julie to see me from another side. I wanted her to see that I was not only the "bad boy" and "player" type of guy but that I could be a good guy too if I wanted to. At least for as long as she was here with me and my family and also because her mother was going to be there and I wanted her to really like me.

I heard a knock on the door and then shortly after the door opened and Ryan came in.

"Hey, bro." He greeted mw when he walked in.

"Hey, man." We made a handshake.

Ryan sat down on the couch in my bedroom. "You called, what's up?"

"I need your help," I told him.

"With?"

I licked my lips. "Julie is coming to my house tomorrow with her mother and you need to show me how to be a 'good boy'." I quoted the last two words with my fingers. I really felt stupid for asking for advice about something like that but it had to be done at the end of the day.

Ryan looked around the room, thinking. "Honestly, you should just be you," he told me and I let out a laugh.

"You know exactly how I am," I answered and I didn't need to say anything else for him to understand what I actually meant.

"Yeah, whatever," he responded and rolled his eyes at me.

"I mean, I know Julie is going to look fine and if I would be me you know what would happen," I went on and tried not to think about how good my best friend was going to look tomorrow. It was not like she didn't look good all the time but it was evident that she was going to dress up and all and she was definitely going to blow my mind.

"Yeah you would definitely like that right?" Ryan said to me in a teasing manner and with a smirk on his face. "I mean you want her anyway but you just can't have her," he stated as if he knew something I didn't and I looked at him with my eyebrow lifted to signalize for him to elaborate.

He continued talking, "Yeah Justin you want her but you know you can't do anything because she just wants to be friends and you respect that," he explained what he meant to me and I couldn't help but think that what he was saying was complete bullshit.

"I want to be friends too, Ryan," I said to him. I was not going to put my friendship with Julie on the line for something that might not even work out.

"Stop lying to yourself," Ryan stated. "That's why you're hooking up with all these girls at the moment because you can't stop thinking about Julie and have to deal with the fact that you can't have her." I rolled my eyes and was getting annoyed because he was acting like he knew me better than myself.

"I was hooking up with girls before Julie came and if I want her, I can have her Ryan." I spat, my ego getting a bit hurt by what he said. Ryan knew me very well and he knew what I was capable of when it came to women, no matter how cocky that sounded right now and I hated how he was making me look like I was any less of that.