21;

chapter 21; from heaven to hell
_____

Julie

A week had gone by and it was finally New Year's Eve. Stella had invited us all to come over to her house and spend the day together and celebrate the new year. We were even able to organize that all our parents spend New Year's Eve together so they could get to know each other better and that way we also had the entire house to ourselves for the night which was totally great.

It was around nine pm when us six met at Stella's house. We had also invited our closest friends from the cheer squad and a few friends from the boys also came to spend the night with us. We had all gathered in the backyard and sat around the little bonfire with a bunch of alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks and snacks that we had prepared.

All of us were just reminiscing and remembering all the things that happened this year. I found out a lot of things from my friends from the time before I had moved here but I also realized that I made a lot of memories with my friends already even though I had not lived here for that long yet. It was nice to look back at all these things and to laugh about them because it truly made me appreciate all the good things that had happened.

Moving to Los Angeles from Montréal was probably the best thing that could have happened to me, especially after my father's death last year. It was truly the new start my mother and I needed and it had definitely turned out for the best for the both of us. I really found super good people that I had built a wonderful friendship with and that I could always come to no matter what and I was genuinely happy and pleased with life, even though things got messy once in a while but I didn't let myself get discouraged by that.

But the greatest thing that could have happened to me here was definitely Justin and I would probably never be able to shut up about it. Everything he had done for me ever since we met truly showed me that there really are good guys with good intentions out there. I didn't want to imagine how life would be if I had never met him. I would probably do so bad, I just know. I looked at him with a big smile on my face and thought about how he was all I wanted in a guy.

"What's wrong baby girl?" Justin asked when he realized that I had been staring at him.

"Nothing, I was just thinking about how great you are," I told him, honestly.

"Aw, really now?" he smiled and wrapped his arm around my neck, pulling me closer to him so that he could kiss me.

"Hmm," I hummed after I pulled away from the kiss, "you're the greatest person I know my baby." Justin smiled at my statement and placed a kiss on my forehead.

Two hours had gone by, the sky was already dark and the stars were shining over the city of Los Angeles. My friends and I had the greatest time and we had also been drinking to the point where the majority of us were very tipsy but yours truly was not affected by that. Not yet anyways.

We all gathered around the table after a while because Stella called us together and asked us to all pour drinks in our cups so we did as she said.

"So, I wanna make a toast," Stella spoke up, sounding a bit tipsy but we all paid attention to her. "First off thank you all for coming here and spending the last day of the year with me. I just wanted to say that I love you guys very much and that I appreciate you with all my heart. This year has been incredible with each and every one of you and Julie I'm glad you moved here and joined our little family. I know for sure that when I'm with you guys the next year will be so good, even better than this year and yeah I hope y'all stay as amazing as you are. Let's have a good night, cheers," she ended her speech and I chuckled at the end because she didn't breathe during the entire thing but regardless I lifted my cup along with the others.