1. Starry Skies and Coffee Breaks

Author's Note: Hi! There's only a few things you need to know before you start reading this. The ages in this story are altered slightly from real life, because it's more convenient for me that way. Also, I don't have a specific publishing schedule. I definitely plan on publishing frequently, but it may not be every day. It really all depends on if I'm in a writing mood or not. However, if you notice that I haven't updated recently, CALL ME OUT! Message me or something! Sometimes I'll get tied up in things and forget! Anyway, I hope you guys enjoy. I have pretty much the whole plot planned out for it. (And don't worry, no characters are going to die. I don't plan on breaking anyone's heart with this fic.) Anyway yeah thanks! -GetMikeyHisToast2020

Gerard found himself staring up at the color-changing sky.

His timing for today was almost perfect. He was usually able to predict when the sunset would appear, but today was different. Today he knew exactly when it would happen. It was a very rare occasion, but he always appreciated the opportunity when it arrived.

Ironically, no other art majors appreciated the sunsets nearly as much as Gerard did. He found himself to be alone yet again, and he also found himself recognizing how lonely he was yet again.

The topic didn't bother Gerard too much. He had his mind, and that was enough for him. With a brain, you could entertain yourself for hours at a time. Gerard could watch paint dry if he needed to. He managed to keep himself occupied by having conversations with the objects around him. Even though objects wouldn't respond, it was a great way to release all your thoughts.

People, however, were different. If you talked to people, they reacted. They would pass judgement, show expression, disagree or agree, ask you more, completely ignore you, or change the topic altogether.

Gerard didn't like that about people. He didn't like how people could so easily take away your words and do something with them. They snatched them from your mouth, and altered them for their own benefit.

If Gerard talked to nothing, then his words would be left alone. They would be able to float around freely, dwelling on the Earth for as long as they wanted. They weren't for the enjoyment of others, they were only for Gerard.

Gerard found himself expressing these types of thoughts in the embrace of nature.

Observing the beautiful sky above him was one of the most rewarding experiences. Shades of yellow, orange, red, pink, magenta, lilac, periwinkle, and navy all blended into each other. It reminded him of a chameleon or an octopus, seeing that the transitions were actually quite similar. The color slowly faded down to the horizon, until the whole sky was filled with a dark shade of navy blue. As the Sun completely disappeared, it was replaced with a new form of beauty. Billions of other stars appeared in the sky.

If there was one thing that Gerard appreciated the most about nature, it was color.

It was fascinating. In art terms, mixing every color together creates black. This can be proved by mixing all colors on a paint pallet. However, in science terms, mixing every color together created white. This can also be proved, because dividing white light on a prism makes an even rainbow.

It was fun to think about these types of things, especially for Gerard.

"I look forward to when Fall finally comes around and your leaves change," Gerard spoke out loud towards the tree he was leaning against. "We get to see green leaves all the time, but in Fall we witness all kinds of leaves. It's very counterintuitive. In such a cool part of the year, we see some of the warmest colors in nature."

Continuing to look up at the sky, Gerard thought about all the marvelous things that he enjoyed about the nature around him.

"Shouldn't you be in your dorm right now? It's dark," a familiar voice spoke from behind him.