11. Where to Point the Arrow

Authors Note: It's time for more *inhales deeply* JUICY PLOT PROGRESSION! No more procrastinating for me, I'm going to come through for you guys!

Also, this is just a random question to start off the chapter, but have you guys ever made a deal with someone that's along the lines of, "If we're both single by the time we're 30, we'll get married?"

The reason I'm asking is because I'm scared to live alone when I'm older, but I also don't want to be pressured into marriage or anything. It also just seems like a fun deal to make.

Okay okay, I won't talk any longer. I just really love all you guys. Enjoy the chapter.

3rd Person POV

Gerard stared blankly at the empty room surrounding him. He wasn't sure exactly where Frank was, so that made him worry. It worried him even more when he checked his phone, and the last text he had gotten from Frank was from two weeks ago, the day they spent with Patrick and Jimmy.

Continually, he stared at the clock, watching as every minute slowly ticked by. Any minute now, Frank could be walking through that door and reassuring Gerard that he was fine, but that moment seemed to never come.

This was such a strange occurrence. It wasn't the first time that Frank had left in the mornings before Gerard could wake up, but even then, he always left a message for Gerard to read when he woke up. There was no message this time. There was only an empty room filled with the curiosities of where Frank could be right now.

Gerard often began to wonder if he was being too clingy. He and Frank never declared themselves 'official,' but they might as well be. They hadn't done anything serious either, just the occasional kisses and cuddles.

What if he's tired of me?

What if I'm not moving fast enough for him?

What if he found someone better?

**Trigger Warning: Panic Attack**

All these thoughts raced through Gerard's head. As his heart beat picked up speed, he began to feel that all too familiar sensation. It was getting harder to breathe, and he soon realized that he was having a panic attack.

He tried to steady himself against the bed, but failed, collapsing down and hitting his face against the pillow. He felt like he was hyperventilating, and as much as he tried to calm himself down, he couldn't.

He was becoming overwhelmed, and tears starting streaming down his face and he wished for the sudden attack to go away.

Come on Gerard. Don't be pathetic. Stay fucking calm already! He scolded himself in his mind, wanting to just get this experience over with.

Finally, as if some sort of god had been listening in on his thoughts, his breathing patterns began to stabilize.

**Scene over**

He breathed slowly in and slowly out, and he eventually was back to normal. He was still worried about Frank, but he didn't allow himself to get worked up over it again.

Finally, the door opened and Frank walked into the room, carrying a small bag with him. Gerard assumed that his music journal was in the bag, along with writing utensils. It looked similar to his art bag.

"Hey Gee."

"Hi Frank," Gerard replied. He didn't have much emotion in his voice, because he wasn't sure whether to be happy that Frank was back, or upset that he didn't leave a message. "Where have you been?"