7. You're the Color to my World

(Still Gerard's POV)

Halfway there I thought to myself.

The week had gone by slowly, but it had passed nonetheless. At the end of the week, I now had 25 letters in total. In just another week and a half or so, Frank would want to know who I was.

My fingers trembled slightly at the thought. I still didn't know how Frank would react. Would he be mad that I didn't tell him beforehand? I sure hoped not.

Frank seemed like an understanding type of person after all. I didn't think he would mind that much, but my brain made it out to be so much more terrifying than it should've been.

Currently, I was sitting at my desk, preparing the character drawings I had made to submit. Frank was in class, and I anticipated for him to come back any minute now. After that, we would be able to talk, and walk, and goof around, and annoy other students, and do whatever the hell we wanted to do without the restraints of a class schedule.

Still thinking about this, I took out my phone, snapping one picture of each drawing I had created for my final exam. Afterwards, I sorted the images into a document. The tree was labeled as my main project, and the characters were labeled as bonus credits. Content with my work, I sent the document to my professor in an email.

After I was finished with that, I sighed and got up from my office chair, walking over to my bed. I sat down, my back resting against the headboard, and grabbed my laptop from the bedside table. It was taking a bit for Frank to get back, so I opened YouTube looking to entertain myself.

A few videos were on my recommended page, so I scrolled through that for awhile. The page was mostly filled with audios of punk songs that I listened to often. Finally, I decided to play an album, choosing American Idiot by Green Day.

I sat on my bed, nodding my head to the rhythm and singing along, my laptop now sitting beside me on the bed. By the time Frank got back to the room, I was already into the ninth track.

"Oh fuck yeah, I love this song," Frank said as he walked into the room, setting his guitar down by his bed. He soon joined into my jam session, singing along with me to the lyrics of Homecoming.

We both screamed in harmony when our favorite part kicked in.
"I GOT A ROCK AND ROLL BAND
I GOT A ROCK AND ROLL LIFE
I GOT A ROCK AND ROLL GIRLFRIEND
AND ANOTHER EX WIFE
I GOT A ROCK AND ROLL HOUSE
I GOT A ROCK AND ROLL CAR
I PLAY THE SHIT OUT THE DRUMS
AND I CAN PLAY THE GUITAR
I GOT A KID IN NEW YORK
I GOT A KID IN THE BAY
I HAVEN'T DRANK OR SMOKED A THING
IN OVER TWENTY TWO DAYS
SO GET OFF OF MY CASE
OFF OF MY CASE
OFF OF MY CASE!"

We both began laughing, realizing that we completely nailed that part. When the song was over, I stopped the album and smiled at Frank. "No more classes!" I exclaimed.

"That's right!" He replied back, equally as excited as I was. "Now we'll be able to have longer days to do shit that's actually fun. I'm so glad I'm done with those classes, at least for a little while." I nodded in agreement.

"I'm taking you somewhere tonight. It's a surprise though. It's sort of a celebration for getting through a week of misery." I grinned cheekily as he looked at me with a look of interest.

"Gee... don't tell me that you're planning to murder me! Are you going to take me to an alleyway and slice my throat?"

"No promises," I whispered, laughing when I caught a glimpse at his eyes flashing a look of genuine worry. It was only for a second, but I definitely noticed it. "Of course not, you dipshit. Just thought it would be nice to go somewhere else for awhile is all."